Whitney's new album?

Sylph

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's the alleged release date, but who knows? Her album has been delayed so many times over the past three years it's hard to take anything seriously.

Her albums have generally sucked anyway. She is not an albums artist. I don't think she's ever had one consistently good album.

And yes, she's another one who voice has good to hell, but in this case it was somewhat preventable. All those years of excessive drug use has really killed her once angelic voice.

• Members

I wouldn't really say that. Outside of her cheesey and overplayed rendition of "I Will Always Love You," her biggest successes have come from her few studio albums singles wise. Let's not forget that she holds the record for most consecutive #1 hits with 7 in the US, from her debut and sophomore albums.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I actually cannot wait for this to drop!

Listened to her Greatest Hits the other day. The songs are more resonent than I remembered. I used to dismiss her as generic but not anymore. WH is a stand-out and Clive Davis is fully behind her comeback, so I have high hopes.

• Members

I know. Blasphemer! But that saccharine, tinkly piano in Greatest Love of All just made me assume that Whitney was manufactured 100%-approved-by-moms music. I quickly got schooled, though. Recently, listening to TGLOA, it hit me how strong a song it is. In fact, Whitney was an empowering singer for a little girl (which I was at the time). Nowadays we just get a bunch of pop tartlets writhing all over the floor, begging some frat boy give 'em more. Whitney expected the best and she delivered the best.

I still believe (if there are miracles!) that this will be a mega-comeback for Houston. I think there is enough beautiful voice left to carry that comeback.

• Members

Well, not really a blasphemer. :P I mean, I was surprised because I expected you to like her, you seemed like a Whitney type. But that was a complete delusion, it seems.

It's OK for people to find her generic and artificial, but I don't know why I didn't expect you to be one of them. :)

Archived