AMC: Tuesday, June 16

• Members

Wow, no urge to discuss today's show at all from anyone until now? Nice.

Seriously, the only reason why I'm starting this is because they had the gall to name the dayplayer ConFusion bartender JOSH. Assholes.

And also, can they please write in a new love interest for Petey? Recast Lily.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Liza, it's NOT your baby. Im really not feeling her freaking out over losing this baby that was never hers to claim. Blackmailing in order to take another person's child would have made her a baby thief. I cant beleive she had the gall to be mad that David ruined her chances at keeping this baby. She gets no sympathy from me .

What do you think the baby should be called? Im hoping Amanda names him Trevor Jacob Martin. Trevor to honor her father, and Jacob for Jake, who has stood by her the entire time

Not feeling the Annie/Adam kiss

Good lord, please dont tell me that was Greenlee at the end

• Members

That would be a pretty good, solid name, but isn't Jake supposed to be a nickname for Joseph, hence why he used to be "Joey" until the mid-1990s? Either way, I love informal touches, so just making the baby's middle name "Jake" would work for me.

Or, they could go down the tried and true soap opera method of naming the kid after the mother's maiden name. Dillon Jacob Martin?

ETA: Also, today just confirmed the fact that, whether I'm watching the Emmys or not this year, I will be rooting for Vincent and Melissa to win.

• Members

yes Joseph is his given name, but no one calls him that or Joey anymore. Jacob sounds more like Jake, which is what he goes by now

Im really not a fan of soap kids getting their mother's maiden names as first name but it wouldnt surprise me...lol. Dillon at least is normal. I cant beleive Y&R named Lauren's kid, Fenmore

• Members

Not end of story. Amanda needs a DNA test. She only assumed the baby wasnt JR's bc of the timing. She didnt really consider Jake. 9 months ago, she was sleeping with Jake in October. She didnt touch David till November. I think when its all done, baby will be revealed to be Jakes

• Members

Chrishell and Vincent really owned the show today! As much as I enjoy seeing David suffer, Vincent had me actually feeling sorry for him.

Adam/Annie finally!!! I'm so ready for these two to become a couple.

Who buys a Christmas present in February? Greenlee's gift to Ryan struck me as dumb and I'm disappointed that Nurse Gail is taking care of her. Why couldn't it have been Dixie or Leo instead?

Luner's scenes with Tad the past couple of days have been great. She really became Liza for me a few weeks ago when she shared scenes with Tad, Marian and Adam. Liza also has excellent chemistry with Zach so hopefully she can block Kendall's inevitable reunion with him for a few more months.

• Members

Lunar's been tearing it up too! She was great with both Tad and Zach today.

Is MEK finally losing weight? His face is slimmer.

I'm feeling for David too - it's so wrong to sit there and tell him his baby is dead, even though he's done horrible things to these people. At least Amanda is soooo hurt, torn, and upset by it all - Jake is just ho-hum.

Finally nice to see Taylor again! She seemed pretty happy to see Tad...

OH! And that ending with Nurse Gail and the mystery person! Whaaaat! Surely they wouldn't do a scene like that without really expecting the character to return.

• Members

Oh, hell. If this is what they're setting up then I'm done with this crap. Jake and Amanda will be added to my FF Couples list permanently. Hooking Amanda up with Jake ruined her for me as it is. No matter how much Chrishelle allegedly "ROCKED" it, it's always a mess to hinder a "free spirit" with a husband and a baby. Especially if it's a Martin.

• Members

Every scene she has with Zach that I've seen involves sleaze.

I wish they hadn't had to put Adam/Annie together romantically. I don't buy that and I think it adds an unpleasant edge. I would have rather he seen her as the one daughter figure who actually cared about him.

• Members

I wish this didn't reek of sucking. There's two problems that stand out for me here:

1. The story makes Adam look dumb. He's been so great with Erica and to go from that to dumb is not so endearing.

2. Annie still comes off sort of crazy, not slick bitch "crazy," but this is almost like a child-like crazy. I'm one of those who were put off by Aidan sexing up a woman who wasn't mentally well, well as this gets into more and more "sugar" that also becomes an issue here.

Pratt has a lot of crazy ideas (and some good ones, and some bad ones) that could be saved by being written well but he has such bad follow through. I said this a long time ago, he writes like he's very hyper - he can't focus long enough to write something with true depth and thought. The depth and thought that would make almost anything work even those shocking things (and the bad things and the good things, of course) he comes up with.

Archived