The Suds Report: June 12, 2009

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. He posted on another forum that "If you're not out to the press, then that means you're still in the closet"

I don't agree with that at all. Soap actors can be gay, and out publicly to their friends, family, kissing their boy/girlfriend in the middle of the street. But there's no need to see an SOD cover with Tuc or Christian LeBlanc or Murray Bartlett's photo over the headline "I'M GAY, BITCHES!!!" That, to me, reeks of desperation for attention, not fighting bigotry. So more power to 'em. No need to talk to the press, guys. We're happy you're happy. :D

ETA: Grayson's definitely straight.

• Members

ITA. As actors they have to deal with the harsh reality of typecasting, among other things. It can be nearly impossible for an openly gay actor to get cast in straight roles here in the States, especially if they aren't established names yet. Plus, every time they get interviewed their personal life becomes the main topic of conversation rather than the project they're supposed to be selling. That's the reason why Cynthia Nixon didn't come-out publicly until very recently when she announced her engagement, because she wanted her personal life to be private and her public life to be about her career.

• Members

Dahlia Creed. She did a lot of singing. She was also involved with Kevin Mambo, her GL love interest.

I thought Sharon and Grayson were very hot together on their TV Western. Legacy, I think it was called. He's gone very downhill lookswise.

• Members

His hair is too long and has that grease look to it. It is so unattractive. He needs to cut it. I liked the clean cut look he had before with the touch of his gray hair. He looked real sexy then. Now he is just blah. Oh and he needs to shave too.

• Members

(This is in regard to the quote stating GT turned down the role of Carly on GH a few years back.)

I think GT would have made a good Carly after Sarah Brown. Laura Wright made Carly too frosty and formidable. Sarah Brown played the underprivileged, damaged, scheming, social climbing "I strive for social acceptance" Carly very well. Tamara Braun did too, to an extent. Laura Wright plays a Carly "that has arrived." Laura Wright's Carly makes a viewer think Carly was your all American sorority girl growing up playing daddy's little angel. Carly was the daughter of a prostitute and I think that is something you don't know with LW in the role. Carly was the girl who covers up her past yet it doesn't work. She was more the character who tried to be something better than what she came from, yet, it was clearly obvious she was never the "it" girl. That form of Carly IMO, GT would have been great at. Not to mention it would have been a more interesting role still with Carly growing into a strong independent woman who suffers from abandonment from her past as opposed to LW's "I'm Queen B" role.

• Members

And wannabe journalists who print things like that will never be taken seriously as they exhibit no form of social responsibility or ethical reporting. They just want to sensationalize, and sensationalism will get them no where.

• Members

I was like WTF when I saw that. Like seriously though, I don't understand why people need to circulate things like this. Is it really newsworthy? Like who cares if the guy made a sex tape and had pictures taken of him having sex. Perez is nothing but a joke.

• Members

What he (Perez) did to DLB was beyond disgusting. I'm not sure it needed to be reported, but to be SHOWN?? With or without white bubbles.

"Must stop giving him hits, must stop giving him hits, must stop giving him hits...". I agree. It's difficult, though.

Archived