The Suds Report: June 12, 2009

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot to like.

Ryan & Erica is... bold. daring. But it comes off as forced, IMHO.

Adam & Annie could be fantastic and one of the most complex layered emotional couples on soaps, if done right.

Pratt is featuring his best younger actress in a great storyline, only tainted by this new awful twist.

Jamie Lunar brings a great energy t any scene shes in, but this is not Liza. and never should have been.

He is also playing his best actors, issue is the story sucks.

To sum it off, for every good there is a bad. I dont think it is by any means the worst it could be or has been. Not even comparing AMC tp anything, including its former self, i find it midly entertaining on a daily watch. However it could be better. It should be better. It needs to be better.

• Members

Holding creative issues aside, why do you say "failing"? This week's ratings show, in absolute #s, AMC is down less than her ABC sisters in the past year. More generally, AMC is one of the few shows that has shown a mild positive or flat ratings curve over the past year.

In the key demographic, AMC shows the second-smallest one-year decline in viewers this week.

Now, these negatives are awful, but (except for the miracle baby of the year, DOOL) they suggest that AMC is not the soap in greatest peril by any metric.

Thus, I'm genuinely curious why you say "failing"?

• Members

The second blind item, could it be Murray Bartlett (Cyrus, GL)? Dusty has been back a long time already.

I love Nelson Branco now ... He's gone from thinking EJ Bonilla was "ex-Rafe" on GL a few weeks ago (which to his credit he corrected), to calling Bonilla "increasingly impressive." Yep yep, better late than never that you recognize EJ's talent, Nelson!

OMG, someone will die in the finale of GL? Why does Ellen Wheeler love to kill characters off? I like her except for her penchant for killing off beloved characters.

• Members

There is something about that, that I don't believe. I wouldn't be surprised if Fron's fired him and replaced him with Lorraine Broderick as a last resort. After all, I'm pretty certain, Broderick was the first choice as AMC headwriter over McTavish back in 2003.

Archived