The Suds Report: June 12, 2009

• Members

It's just so freaking wrong on so many levels. What is he trying to accomplish by doing that, seriously? DLB is gay. We know. Everyone knows. He's as open as can be. Why is it newsworthy that he actually had sex with a guy?! And why did Perez feel the need to post the pictures? Oh, I know, because he's a lowlife freak with nothing to do.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's also a low life opportunist. I hope Dustin Lance Black can sue him for invasion of privacy on some level. Considering they are private photos that obviously have been appropriated by the wrong hands.

It's things like this that really annoy me because there is no censorship on the internet and it's getting more and more out of hand. Blogs are great for people to express thoughts and ideas, but when people like Perez make an attempt to become mock journalists, someone needs to put a stop on this. Perez doesn't open up a marketplace of ideas, he opens up a realm of garbage that isn't even fit to take place under a circus tent. Quite honestly, he really gets under my skin! The FCC really should do something to limit filth from being circulated in a way that doesn't cause a chilling effect and doesn't violate the First Amendment right. Those images would never be allowed to go to print in a tabloid magazine. They are way to vulgar.

• Members

So it isn't enough to be out or make a public announcement, next gay people must circulate sex pictures to satisfy Perez and Nelson. Frankly, I do not understand Perez or Nelson. I cannot imagine a straight blog doing this so why are they doing this to other gay and straight people? I get they want to make money and get fame, but they both have no limits. I include Nelson because he is not too far away from Perez.

• Members

I agree with the spirit of your point, but I have to correct you on something, Ann: This is not a "gay blog" (vs. "straight blog") issue. Trash comes in any orientation. And there are many, very respectable gay writers out there in the universe - an amount that I'm sure well outnumbers the bad ones.

Perez Hilton just happens to be trash who just happens to be gay. I'm no fan of Branco's, either. Neither one of them should be held as an example of the gay community... They are no more than, say, Don Imus should be held as an example of all heterosexuals.

I hope you can understand where I'm coming from..

• Members

I do see where you are coming from, but I do think that there is something particularly malicious about gay celebrity bloggers targeting the sexuality of gay people in their own community, especially when they know that it can harm someone's career. Don Imus is an ass and a racist, but I do not see him outing people or publishing sex pictures of gay or straight people. Sexuality in our society, particularly homosexuality is a touchy subject. Yet Perez is deliberately targeting people's sexuality. Perez seems to relish hurting people in his own community. He has no limits. Nelson will soon devolve to that level if he keeps it up, maybe that is what he wants anyway.

• Members

This is what the MILK writer had to say

I'm not going to lie, I was shocked as hell to see that on PH's site. You know, I can expect something like that from Britney Spears but I was SHOCKED it was that guy.

• Members

LOL...Wow. Just wow.

It's really funny because I remember a hate site/blog devoted to Perez posted his ManHunt profile or something with pictures of him(alone) but he was looking for bareback sex.

How do we know that wasn't his boyfriend? Or whatever?

Youw ould assume Perez is as pure as the driven snow by posting those photos.

• Members

And he's right!

You know though, it is what it is. What people do in their personal lives is their business. It's not like he took the photos and said "Hey, let's sell it." It sucks that this happened to him or anyone for that matter. The sad part is, is that people will do whatever they can to exploit someone for their own personal satisfaction.

• Members

I love how Perez's response to DLB's response tries to come across as him trying to teach DLB and others a lesson about taking pictures of yourself and a lover having sex:

WHAT "got out?" Dustin Lance Black is openly gay, so there was nothing "getting out" here. The only thing that "got out" was confirmation that, yes, DLB is mad sexy.

Archived