GH : Actor returns?

• Members

Is Ted King (ex-Lorenzo Alcazar) returning to General Hospital? It's too soon to tell, but a spy tells soapcentral.com that King was recently spotted at the General Hospital Studios, sending off a flurry of speculation that the soap vet will once again be seen in Port Charles.

"[The show] needs someone to fill the void created when Rick [Hearst (Ric Lansing)] left," the source says. "Ted falls into that same good-looking bad boy category."

It is unclear if talks with King started before Hearst was downgraded to recurring status this year or after it became apparent that Hearst was leaving General Hospital for The Bold and the Beautiful.

King has appeared as two different characters on General Hospital. For four months in 2002, King appeared as Luis Ramon Alcazar. The following year, King returned as Luis's twin brother, Lorenzo. King's second stint lasted much longer than the first. Lorenzo appeared on GH from June 2003 until May 2007. Both characters share something other than their genetric makeup in common -- they were both murdered... or at least that's how it appeared.

In addition to his work on General Hospital, King appeared previously as Danny Roberts on Loving, and its spinoff soap, The City.

A General Hospital spokesperson did not return requests for a statement at post time.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll believe this when I see it. In his farewell comments, Ted King was spitting at Guza, Phelps, Maurice Bernard and Steve Burton. He made it clear that he didn't appreciate how his character had been treated as Sonny and Jason's doormat. King got nice reviews for that role on 24 so unless he is broke and ABC is paying him through the nose, I don't see him going back to GH.

• Members

With the real Carly, Tamara Braun. I loves me some Laura Wright but, as I've said a million times, her pampered, valley girl version of Carly is a million miles away from Sarah Brown and Tamara Braun, even Jennifer Bransford, who all played her as a rough and tumble piece of trailer trash trying to claw her way up the social ladder.

• Members

Of course Ted King (mobster Alcazar or someone resembling him) is returning! GH is currently mob-free and I'm not buying it. The mob sh!t just has to return at some point!!!! Ratings have dropped and it's believed that, ironically, the lack of the mob/crime/action/suspense is the reason for the ratings decrease.

Archived