Another World

DS was a generic HW. But i have a soft spot for her run. I''ll gladly take her run over the dark dreary mess AW became during it's final years. I did enjoy Jake's shooting. Marley coming into her own. As an empowered rape survivor. Marley & Jamie falling for each other in France. Ryan & Vicky. Pauline & Jake. Donna was decent. 

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It would have been great if AW benefited from a Doug Marland or even a Pam Long (when she wrote to her strengths like friendships and community) type of writer in its last 20 years or so. Unfortunately, it was just mostly a rapid succession of one garden variety hack after another. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Agree.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if Doug Marland had not passed away when he did, I believe P&G would have offered him the opportunity to leave ATWT eventually and "rescue" AW from its' doldrums.

It's kind of sad to think the Michael Laibson/Donna Swajeski regime was the last period of consistency that AW ever knew.

• Members

I have the Back Order of the Soap Opera Digest of the 2 day finale of AW. June 28, 1999 and June 29, 1999 ...

Everybody takes a turn talking about the show. The last Nick, Mark Mortimer shared a crazy anecdote:

pg. 80-81: Soap Opera Digest, June 29, 1999:
"What I will remember most is having Tom Eplin (Jake) take my pants
off (as a prank) while I was doing lines. Standing naked in dry
rehearsal in front of all of my peers. But, I just kept going. I
pulled my pants up. I was a little humiliated because it was early in
the morning and I had just come out of a cold shower (laughs). But I
proved him wrong." - Mark Mortimer (Nick, 1996-present)

• Members

Wee-elll, it was typical of his behavior already, even then, ... He took advantage of a member of the soap press, .... He took advantage of a 16 year old fan in Toronto, .... It went on & on.

Yes, AW could not be made into a DOOL clone!

I don't know about whether she was  fired or not.

David Hedison done away with. Shane's death. Unfortunately do you remember how Lila would be frightened of all storms?

• Members

Yeah unfortunately I am listening to your previous VERY LONG post once again, as I type this, waiting to hear the next post from my email of subscribed notifications ugh

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by rlj