Another World

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@AbcNbc247 Excellent!! Thanks so much. 

I love how much information exists in the collaborative group fan mind. But, boy oh boy, did AW really have so many more "Famous Grads of Daytime" than really any other soap. ATW & GH both have a lot. DAYS is pretty stacked. But, AW has more more more. 

• Members

You should cross-reference with the AWHP. In addition to the Actor Guide, under Miscellaneous there is a section for "Celebrity Appearances" which includes a lot of people who had roles large and small before they were stars.

http://www.anotherworldhomepage.com/misc4.html

The list is not necessarily complete or current, depending on when fame struck the person or whether their stature is truly "celebrity". You should scan the actor guide as well.

• Members

Good idea! Thanks for passing that on. 

As it is the AW list has grown. It is so big now!

ANOTHER WORLD: David Ackroyd, Christine Andreas, Christine Baranski, Doris Belack, Amy Carlson, Gabrielle Carteris, Justin Chambers, Jordan Charney, Spencer Treat Clark, Alicia Coppola, Nicolas Coster, Marcia Cross, Charles Durning, Kathyrn Erbe, Giancarlo Esposito, Faith Ford, Morgan Freeman, John Getz, Joanna Going, Thomas Ian Griffith, Sam Groom, Kelsey Grammer, Michael Gross (1981), Jackee Harry, Melissa Joan Hart, Anne Heche, Barry Jenner, Mary Page Kellar, Christopher Knight, Kathleen Layman, Audra Lindley, Ray Liotta, Lindsay Lohan, Dorothy Lyman, William H. Macy, Nancy Marchand, Christopher Marquette, Rue McClanahan, Julian McMahon, Joe Morton, Chris Noth, Jodi Lynn O'Keefe, Luke Perry, James Pickens, Jr., Brad Pitt, Nicolas Pryor, Ving Rhames, Christopher Rich, Eric Roberts, Jennifer Runyon, Kyra Sedgwick, John Saxon, Ted Shackelford, Helen Slater, Jean Smart,  Susan Sullivan, Dolph Sweet, Ann Wedgeworth, Paul Wesley, Billy Dee Williams

• Members

What about:

Donna Murphy (DA Morgan Graves)

Edward Hibbert (print shop guy who created a modified birth certificate for Sharlene to give to Josie)

Frances Conroy (Mary Lou)

Billy Porter (singer Billy Rush)

Scott Bakula (Quintin Mills)

Gary Sandy (Michael Thayer)

Wanda de Jesus (Gomez)

John Spencer (Frank Julian)

Janine Turner (Trish Kirkland)

• Members

Carole Shelley, Tony winner and nominee, and the original Madame Morrible in WICKED, was an Iris temp.  To me, she’s a bigger star than many on your list  

Thomas Gibson of CRIMINAL MINDS and DHARMA AND GREG was a Sam Fowler temp. 

Cynthia Watros was temp Vicky.  And acclaimed stage and film (and ALICE’s Jolene) actress Celia Weston was temp Clarice. 

Edited by antmunoz
More

• Members

TY He's on some other soap but not on ours. IS NOW! 

This software doesn't allow polling, does it? Okay, elsewhere we were discussing Daytime Emmy wins that were just wrong & someone said Sharlene #1 beating out Beverlee & Vicky. (reel abt 1st time mention of prostitution) and someone said that Judith Light did not put the courtroom scenes on her reel but still won which is amazing to me that she didn't use from the witness stand. Anyway I said Irene Dailey wasn't a lead role & shouldn't have beat out Beverlee & Vicky. I described Aunt Liz as delightful, irritating, opinionated, know-it-all, buttinsky character role.

The poll is AGREE that's her or DISAGREE, you've missed the mark. 

What do you think? I have boldly said that 90 out of 100 AW fans will agree. So far all who have voted agree. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Regarding the Emmys- I’ve always believed that VW and BM canceled out each other’s nomination at voting time and that’s how a co-star beat them twice.  

I do believe that VW should have at least received an Emmy nomination for her work in 1989 after Mac died, her courtship with Carl in 93-94, and if she would have put herself in the supporting actress category for 92-93 she would have won for her scenes during Felicia’s intervention.

• Members

I loved Irene Dailey but Aunt Liz was the epitome of a supporting character. She didn't belong in the Best Actress category.

That neither Wyndham nor McKinsey ever got an Emmy pretty much invalidates the entire concept of the awards, IMO.

I assumed Vicky just stopped submitting herself some time in the early '80s.

Edited by teplin