Soap Budget's

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Y&R are very good with their budget. A lot of the sets have been there for decades and even the newer ones are recycled (wasn't the Restless Style office formerly an apartment that JT and Mac lived in, and Victor before them?). Quality investment at the start saves money in the long run.

• Members

That was actually 1998. I remember that very, very well. I think NBC yanked all promo ads from the show during the tense negotiations and played these 5 second cheesy promos in between 18-49 NBC Primetime shows for months, before the renewal was announced.

To think, in retrospect, NBC was arrogant enough to replace DAYS with PASSIONS! LOL.

• Members

OLTL has always been considered the "forgotten soap" in some respect. Out of all the soaps on the air now, it's the one with that's probably least embedded in pop culture. A lot of people simply know it as the soap that's between AMC and GH - it has traditionally been overshadowed by those two.

• Members

ATWT manages their budget terribly as far as the cast goes... they have a plethora of people on contract that they never use. All those vets still on contract that are on maybe twice a year on average CAN'T be cheap! They currently have 23 contract cast members... how many of those do we actually SEE?!

Archived