B&B: Week of March 30th, 2009 Discussion

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, go over the whole long monologue. First, we don't get speeches of that length in daytime anymore.

Second, almost every line references a historical event.

Third, some of the phrasings have at least three simultaneous meanings: e.g., "ride of her life" is (a) sexual, (B) evocative of Phoebe, and © speaks to the passivity expected of the exploited Steffy.

Nothing UPN about that.

• Members

I watched the show, thank you.

And yeah, it all referred to historical events, but not the way they happened.

Ridge didn't force Brooke to go out on the runway and whore it up in her lingerie. She did it all her own and IIRC, she came up with the idea to do a lingerie line. And she was MORE than excited to do it.

And I'm pretty sure Rick didn't mean "ride of her life" to mean it to be more than just sexual fun or fun. Rick isn't a complex enough villain to warrant such a clever thought(RE: Phoebe) and Bradley has proven with her stellar scriptwork that she's never been that crafty in character developing dialogue before. That's like saying the song "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette was meant to have irony in the fact that nothing in it is ironic. You're just a smart guy who has given her too much credit.

And BTW, we've gotten several long monologues on B&B and other soaps in recent memory.

• Members

LOL. Okay. I'll accept that maybe I'm reading more into it ... giving it more credit ... but I thought it was good soap opera.

As for "not the way it happened"...you are right...except...it IS the way it happened in Rick's mind.

That has been a pretty consistent through-line. Rick was jealous of his mother's men even as a boy, as in when he shot Grant Chambers. He has always had trouble with his mother's sexual adventures AND he has largely blamed the men (not Brooke) for it. So, what he said is "absolute truth" in his mind...and I think it gives us a good reminder of his motivation and purpose in all of this.

• Members

Ha! Rick didn't look too happy about Ridge presenting that wedding dress to Steffy!

I have a question. Did Rick ever recall shooting Grant Chambers? I'm trying to figure out why Ridge didn't throw that in his face.

• Members

Actually, when Ridge was in jail for "killing" Shane, he was in deep sh*t because he was still on the hook for the Grant Chambers killing. So, he needed Rick to remember that he, Rick, was the real shooter.

Rick "remembered", freeing Ridge. But then Rick said privately to Ridge that he did not, in fact, remember shooting Grant. Indeed, he didn't believe that he had shot Grant. He just said so for Ridge's benefit.

So, it is a convoluted mess. Rick doesn't believe he is capable of doing the kind of violence that Thomas did.

• Members

Well, since I became a daily fan of Y&R again last year, I've started watching B&B daily again ...

Lowder is so laughable :lol:

I'm dying for the day that Steffy discovers the truth about her precious Rick. Although why do I feel it probably won't happen? I don't get Bell's obsession with having Rick and Steffy together. Granted, it's producing amazing, camptastic drama but it's also so unnecessary. Weren't Marcus and Steffy moderately popular? Only reason Marcus has probably hung on this long anyway is because the character of Donna and Jennifer Garies and how Bell likes to write for her, it seems.

I know they've already had Jackie go after a younger man (Deacon), but I'd love to see Owen and Jackie hit the sheets. That would definitely be hot as hell.

On, and btw, Jack Peyton, what program are you using for banners/etc? Just curious. Adobe? I'd like to start getting more advanced myself (I run Survivor games and do logos/banners, etc.) ...

• Members

Cheap, the S_ICK storyline is pretty much it. The writers are just beginning to focus more on JackieM's, but only to introduce new characters.

I do think it's odd that Eric fought to 'free' Rick from JM's but is happy for Bridget and ok with HER working there. He wanted Rick at his side, running FC. Bridget? Pfft... not so much. Bridget is loyal to a FAULT... Rick betrayed the entire family, and every FC employee who worked their heart and soul for the company.

It's amazing how much everyone is caught up in Rick's life and making things good for him. Bridget could be sold on the black market and no one in her family would even know she's missing.

• Members

I'd trade Rick in for Bridget, any day! Eric never even questioned where her sudden passion for fashion came from; he just excepted it. I'm glad she's staying at Jackie M's - it's the only clique I actually like!

I wish they would remember that Taylor, is a psychiatrist. She should've known what Ridge was up to, before even he was. In fact, she should of been the one to suggest that line of tactic. It makes me uneasy, when Ridge, is in charge of the LA brain.

And Thomas has a wardrobe - and it's a hideous one at that!

Anyone else notice how easily they've glossed over Pam's (implausible) release? If it ain't Rick related, then it's not worth time.

Archived