Y&R: Week of March 23, 2009

• Members

Fabulous episode... Great tension. Loved me some Nikki/Paul, Adam/Victor, Victor/Nikki, Murphy/Katherine, Jana/Gloria/Kevin/Daniel/Jeff/Amber... it was all very well handled. On a shallow note, MTS, and The Graz just looked amazing--Daniel's new haircut looks great on him. The kiss between Kay and Murphy was very sweet... I hope their romance continues, and that Murphy is taken to the Chancellor Estate, where he has to deal with the rich life. Great cliffhangers, with Jana falling down, yelling in agony, while the last scene was extremely tense--that music--and Frantz was very impressive, as she begged Kevin to let her out....

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't worry about it. People can just scroll past if they are not interested.

I mean, really, we had to sit through countless "oh yeah? Well, Davetta's a better Lily than Christel!!" "Oh yeah? Well, Tammin's a better Colleen than Adrianne!!" "oh yeah? Well, Phyllis is a better Mrs. Nick Newman than Sharon!!" stinking up the weekly threads. The least people can do is give us a couple of posts' leeway to talk about opening soap credits!

And don't apologise for the casette-taping fan in you. I totally geeked out on my TV Themes casette tapes, wore them down to ribbon strips. This was in the days before I could convince my parents that investing in a VCR was SoTotallyImportant and would AbsolutelyPositivelyNOT interfere with my schoolwork.

We were kids using our imagination and werewithall to capture something constantly changing -- a daily serial, a weekly TV show -- and hold on to it. All we had to hand was a casette recorder or an old VHS tape and we did what we had to, LOL. In the days before video capture software, YouTube and wmv files.

P.S.: I got my mom to tape Days' Justin & Adrienne's wedding in Greece on my casette player. I got 15 minutes of far-away mumbling (presumably the church service!) and then the whirr of my mom's vaccuum cleaner as she started cleaning the dining room.

• Members

This is totally off topic...but...

I miss the ER opening credits SO MUCH! I haven't seen the show in the same light since they got rid of the credits!

It was such a perfect episode...although the final one hasn't aired yet, I almost wish that had been the last one...

Thank You! Indeed!!!

• Members

I always felt Buffy's theme was pretty important. Definitely indicative of what the whole show was about.

Now, I haven't seen today's episode nor do I know when Joshua Morrow gets back from filming but I cannot wait to see Phyllis and Sharon really get at it. Let's see Sharon physically breakdown, please!!!!

I really wish I knew that the writers had something planned for Devon finding out about Neil and Tyra. From last week's showdown at the coffee house, it looks like they're completely done with him. What a shame.

And I hate to see it but Christel's really stepped up her game. Not to where she should be as lead but so much better than she was over the last few... forever. I hope we see more of this from her. This statement is late but I really enjoyed her toe-to-toe with Chloe at the hospital a few weeks ago. Way to go, Christel.

• Members

It really isn't surprising at all. They always do this with the Winters. I feel almost as if their storyline is a part of a completely different show. The only good thing about it was Devon's reaction (which lasted a few minutes) and mostly feeling sorry for Karen. Everything else, also including Karen, is just boring.

• Members

I swear, someone has to go completely bonkers for that to be even remotely interesting. Like OLTL bonkers LOL.

OMG.

I also love how Jess Walton still flips back her head even though she doesn't have the luscious mane she had. It's so, "I'm the HBIC and I'll flip my phantom mane out of my face any time I damn-well please!"

• Members

I just have so many that it's too funny... we all have a geek buried inside of us, don't we? I also have various scenes from telenovelas when either the villain dies at the end or some action going on; and now I can't imagine why I watched that.

The writers need to do something about it, pronto. The problem is that they've fixed almost everything else, but this keeps being put aside.

• Members

Perfect story! Esp. the vacuum cleaner. That could have happened in my house.

Y&R is the reason I got my first VCR. In Toronto, it used to air at 4:30 pm on CHCH TV 11. Then Channel 11 lost the license to Global TV Network (where it resides to this day). Channel 11 decided to "kill" the show, by now airing same-day shows (not day-ahead) at 12:30 pm (simulcast with the US broadcast). As a graduating senior/college-bound boy, that was UNACCEPTABLE. So I spent $384 hard earned cash (that was a LOT...a LOT) to buy a Sears VCR with a CORDED remoted control (Beta...I always guess wrong in the format wars). And thus, my "time shifting" life began.

My folks thought I was nuts to be so crazy about a soap opera. Well...I still am 26 years later.

• Members

Adam: Uh... it's a... landscape? No, no, there's a figure there. Uh, is it... Zapato?

Victor: That's a sketch of Sabrina.

Adam: I can't believe I just said that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It probably shouldn't have been funny, but it was.

• Members

Sometimes we're just too much alike.

But on to the show: Monday was great and I seriously missed it after the short week.... :o Can't say that of any other daytime or primetime programme at the moment.

Murphy & Kay are just adorable, the Kevin story is simply brilliant, Nikki & Vic lashing out at each was divine and for once Stripperella did fight back with valid points.

And as I thought they might be really done with Jeff & Glo this time around the writers gave them some new dimension. We'll see how this plays out. Same goes for Jana where MarkH's huntch could turn out to be correct in the end - who knows? Isn't it great that the show makes us involved as viewers, curious as to what is to come? And you can actually look forward to such developments because they aren't made for shock and awe. What a novel concept. ;)

Randomn fact of the day: Daniel & Michael had SERIOUS chemistry when they were looking for Kevin. It was most definitely not intended but I found it just too funny.

• Members

I'd prefer they save the money from updating the credits and use it to pay Tracey Bregman to appear in at least one episode of this Kevin story. She has now appeared in just two episodes in five weeks. I was quite excited as a Lauren fan that they did mention her car today. :rolleyes:

I guess they only have money to pay one recurring character in this Kevin story and of course the writers wisely chose Jeffrey because as we know he has always been close to Kevin while Lauren is just the sister in law. :huh:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind them updating the credits, but if they can't afford to pay good recurring actors to be in scenes they belong in with their family, then I would rather have them spend money on the actors.

Maybe Jana is pregnant and the tumor comes back so she refuses treatment for the sake of the child. Very angsty and if I am really lucky they may just allow Lauren to visit Jana in the hospital.

Archived