'Days' Legend Faces Divorce Money Woes

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DiedraHall.gif

Court Docs Reveal Deidre Hall Divorce Money Woes

Even America's favorite daytime soap opera actress, Deidre Hall, has money problems, which are revealed in court documents filed today.

Deidre, who played Dr. Marlena Evans for more than 20 years on "Days of Our Lives," is currently embroiled in a nasty divorce from Stephen Sohmer. The couple have two children, David and Tully. The couple married in December 1991.

In court papers obtained by RadarOnline.com, Deidre claims that her monthly salary from her corporation, Panache was more $28k a month. Emphasis is on the word WAS. The income and expense court document states, "The primary source of Ms. Hall's income in 2008 was from her work on the television program, "Days of Our Live." As this Court knows, in mid-December of last year, Ms. Hall was terminated from that employment....due to her termination from "Days of Our Lives" she is going to have to utilize the assets she has accumulated and the income generated by those assets to maintain her and the children's lifestyle."

The court papers also reveal that Deidre has spent over $7,000 on make-up, $6,000 on fan mail and photos. The next hearing is on March 25th.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009...-money-woes.php

• Members

I feel no sympathy for rich people who never put money away for unemployment. Live within your means people and save for tomorrow because the good times never last forever. I will save my sympathy for those who struggle just to put food on the table, work shitty jobs, buy second hand clothing, and are at risk of winding up homeless in tent cities.

• Members

My heart bleeds. Not. I saw her once after she appeared on Good Morning America, (I was there to see Melody Thomas Scott) and Dee couldn't have been colder to the 10 or so of us standing outside the GMA studio. It's not like there was a huge crowd. She wouldn't even sign autographs and there were some of her pinks that were there who were so disappointed.

• Members

Well i have always got a complete bitch vibe from her to tell you the truth- i watched that farewell video of hers a few months ago- just in the way she answered the questions- i got a complete bitch vibe. Who knows. Maybe some others here have actually met her and have had good experiences..

• Members

Panache is Deidre Hall's corporation that handles her money. I don't know when she started the company, but basically, it's a way of averting income tax. Instead of getting paid personally, Sony/Corday paid Panache which 'provided' the services of Deidre Hall. Deidre, being the owner of Panache, receives the income from the company.

Basically, when it's time to pay the IRS, Deidre Hall, the person, makes no money and thus pays no taxes. Panache, the company, makes whatever amount it makes and is taxed as a corporation, as American corporate taxes are lower than personal taxes, Deidre saves money. Additionally, when Deidre goes to the soap set in the sky she'll be able to pass her assets onto her children with little tax penalty because she's just providing them with shares to a company (they might already be shareholders already).

The $28,000 is her income from Panache, not necessarily her salary from DAYS. Panache received her salary, did whatever is done with it (perhaps invested, perhaps half in chequing, half in savings...whatever) and then provided Deidre with an income.

Bitch on wheels? Yep. Not hurting for money? Yep. Bleeding her ex dry? Yep and good for her because her ex did some bad bad things.

Essentially, Deidre is in a messy divorce and she is out to bleed her ex's veins so dry that they'll resemble the Grand Canyon. The statement that she will now have to "utilize assets" simply means that she may have to rent out a property, sell some stock, spend from her savings account...very simple run of the mill things. It could also mean that she wants to sell or liquidate some marital assets and her ex is fighting her over them. In any case, it's within her rights under the law to do so.

Deidre Hall is not hurting for money. She's rich. Her ex is rich. What she's probably concerned about is living off the wealth of one person instead of two. She's going to beat her ex to a pulp in court, she WILL win and she WILL continue to live in the lifestyle to which she is accustomed to. She's going to get spousal support, in fact, her getting terminated by DAYS is the best thing that could have happened to her divorce case. She should send Ken Corday a big bouquet of flowers.

• Members

This is a very informative thread.

I think DAYS made the right decision to get rid of her, Marlena had run her course. I'm only sorry about the other vets who have more potential and are going to be shown the door.

Deirdre used to be a semi-name outside of soaps. I wonder if she's now too old to go back to those other avenues, or if she could still try.

Archived