DAYS: Thaao Penghlis attacks the late James E. Reilly

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ummm......go back furthur, Thaao. Remember you playing Victor Cassadine? Remember the ice machine?

Sometimes people want to watch outrageous storylines - Monty proved it....Reilly proved it. It doesn't have to be "great reality", it just has to be interesting and fun.

• Members

Thaao Phenghlis is the nastiest soap star I ever interviewed. Jim Reilly was a nice man who never said anything bad about anyone in public and rarely in private. Thaao only wishes he had the fortune and success enjoyed by Reilly over all his years in soaps. Shame on Thaao for speaking ill of a dead man. Especially one who kept him employed for years!

Connie P. a.k.a. Marlena DLC

• Members

I agree with Thaao on the facts. I hated JER's work but now that he is dead, I don't know we have to respect his memory. JER was a nice man, a plague for daytime for sure but a nice man and being nasty to him, especially now that he's dead, it's not the best thing to do. He could have respectfully disagreed. And by the way, Thaao is not the best actor I've ever seen...

• Members

I agree with Thaao as well. Because that man is deceased doesnt mean he got to around lying and say his work was great. That is Thaao opinion of the man dead or alive. He is only speaking what he feels and I totally agree 100%. I was never a fan of the guy's work myself, but I watched Days because I am a fan no matter who is writting. I watched Passions sometimes, but not because of the writting but the actors. James Reilly didnt keep him employed Ken Corday kept him employed. I like Thaao style he said it when the man was alive and now that he is passed away he still keeping the same tune. I am pretty sure that James Reilly respect Thaao or any other actor who didnt like his work to not change the way they feel about his work now that he is dead.

• Members

I have never been a big fan of Thaao's, but I agree with him here. And I for one have no problems with him speaking his mind. I mean this is America where we have freedom of speech.

Others have said bad things about other dead writers and stars without being raked over the coals. And how often are other dead celebrities, politicians and others talked about. I mean how far do we carry the not speak ill of dead.

I think Thaao has his information wrong about the ones who killed him off as Gloria Monty and Pat Falken Smith killed him off on GH - so it wasn't just Gary or JER. And why does Gary come into it. Gary is not the writer.

This is just another case of Thaao burning bridges where he doesn't need too. He was lucky after what he did the last time that Days let him come back. But they did and fans forgave him - just to be happy to have him back on Days. Now he goes on the attack again. He needs to remember that Days fans are not the most forgiving fans out there. He got another chance with them - he better watch out if he expects another.

Archived