Y&R: Week of February 16, 2009

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow.

I read the transcript for Monday.

I love it when a show challenges me...like, when it makes me look stuff up. It happened several times on this episode (mostly due to Chloe). (It may simply reflect my lack of cultural awareness).

"in purgatory with incubus and succubus"

"Nastia Liukin's doing somersaults"

Was this a Beall episode? If yes, I am becoming a major fan.

ETA: Yup...Beall at least had her hand in it, per Toups' archive.

February 16- BDW: Amanda L. Beall; SW: Sandra Weintraub; D: Sally McDonald

• Members

If it's the one I'm thinking of, then yes I have heard it. It's a pretty good cue. I *think* they used it at the end of the show Friday right?

And there was another one I loved during the scene at the end with Cane. I can't remember if it was the same one though.

• Members

Those are stupid to put to put in a breakdown, and since Chole is a very quirky character, I assume they came from Weintraub. It's not out of the realm of possibility for Chole to say stuff like that.

Since Beall wrote the breakdown, all she did was structure the episode and the scenes in particular. I doubt she had any input in the dialogue for this particular episode.

• Members

According to IMDB, the actress from the show is back as Daisy, they had originally re-cast but when her show got cancelled they re-shot all the scenes. Unfortunately, who knows what has happened to MandyP. I can't wait to see the movie, the show was awesome, like so many cancelled too soon.

Whoever wrote the dialogue has a sense of humor.

• Members

More or less spoiler-free: About Monday...

The show gave me the chills.

The cabin drama was nothing but spectacular. It was a totaly copy-kill of Bridget's birth on B&B, one of the finest moments in the show's history, though. Great acting, great writing - soap at it's best.

Kay being kidnapped is fantastic. You won't believe what Kay/Jeanne Cooper is doing on Mondy... LOL! Oh, and the wacko "nurse"...

TGVN had another very musical scene and Olivia has a nice chat with Ashley. Neil's also on as Victor's sidekick. Everything totally felt like the old days.

Archived