AMC: Carruthers talks about Bianca/Reese relationship

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reading that article, she basically IMO confirms that this isn't about Bianca, it's about Reese. I've felt all along this was about Pratt pimping his pet TB, and haven't seen anything that convinces me otherwise.

So basically she's saying they needed someone to throw in the middle of Reeks, and Zach was the unlucky victim.

Niiiiiice <_<

• Members

She needed to go a long time ago because the production on the show blows and the Tornado stuff bombed except for giving us a nice vacation from Kendull.

I know they say ABC EP's don't do as much but whatever her responsibilities are she's not good at them, with all the writing changes she's still there.

Guest dc cubs

Wow, so I'm misinterpreting all the close scenes between Zach and Reese. So that wasn't a hot and heavy makeout session between them today. I know Zach initiated it but I didn't see Reese pull away. The audience isn't seeing things wrong. AMC is telling the story wrong.

This story has been about Reese from day one. Why else would TB have a longer contract than ER?

That quote pretty much confirms it. Why should I care about Reese's journey? She is not the core character, Bianca is and she is the one that has been in the background for this whole story.

• Members

According to Ms. Carruthers you're just a bad fan (probably homophobic too, troublemaker) making these things up in your mind. Go get help!

Pfft, she probably has to sleep with Zach and have his second daughter and the journey will then be complete, lol. That's just how a**-backwards this all is. In all seriousness, that probably means Bianca comes back for one episode after several more weeks of uninterrupted non-lesbian triangle, Reese apologizes, Bianca says we're cool. Mission complete.

I'm just amused (and offended).

• Members

LOL it's bad given when had spoilers that even said Reese confesses her feelings for Zach, that was January 30th. I guess Carruthers really does think her audience is stupid.

Oh and I have absolutely NO respect at all for GLAAD either, they're an embarrassment and should be ashamed they don't speak out against the character destruction of Bianca

Oh it's definitely been about Reese, Zach and Bianca were thrown under the bus for herawesomeness, she got more screentime than Bianca as well.

I mean everything ER talked about in the press NEVER happened, she said Bianca would be the one to be there for Zach, nope it was Reese and so on and so forth

• Members

I don't think this about hating Reese ... (And the "Kool-Aid" reference is an awfully off-putting statement to anyone who may otherwise like the character.)

I think it's about a storyline being written in a way that's insulting, especially to gay people (right here). As well, as EP, it's an insulting comment to make toward your audience. Contrary to what some may say about someone who otherwise likes the Reese character and thinks she has great potential, we're not merely clueless followers lacking in intelligence. The daytime audience is smarter than TPTB want them to be.

For what it's worth, I've never watched GH with concerted effort, so I've only seen snipets of Tamara Braun as Carly. So I was never a fan, per say. Then my partner and I saw her come on to AMC and loved her. We loved her with Bianca. We certainly didn't hold it against her that her name was bandied about as a potential nuKendall when it was widely rumored that Alicia Minshew may leave the show last Fall. We like Alicia Minshew. We're just disappointed that the writing is compromising of a character's integrity and potentially somewhat denigrating to sexual identity in general. But of course that isn't Tamara Braun's fault.

And I happen to drink Club Soda with raspberries crushed in. (Really, it's good!) But no Kool-Aid here...

• Members

Like you I have no Carly connection and I like Reese. Or I like what Reese should've been. I loved her when she first came on and I've adored the scenes of her and Bianca acting like a real couple. It's the Zachlove garbage that's destroyed the character. I mean really, was the show so desperate to keep Thorsten busy during AM's absence that they couldn't have sent him to the background for a few months?

This whole story has been one big bait and switch. They lied to the audience. They clearly lied to the actresses. And they think everyone will simply hang around out of loyalty or stupidity. The former no longer exists and the latter is a trait of TPTB.

• Members

Sadly, seeing the tire marks Zach has on him from being thrown under the bus for Reese/Reeks, I would have preferred that very much.

The last part of your post I especially agree with! They made TB look like an idiot in the press, here she is proclaiming Reese's love for Bianca, that her and Zach are friend's and they pull a bait and switch.

I bet they're still scratching their heads as to why Eden didn't stick around for this clusterfuck

Archived