GH: "What if B.J. hadn't died?"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, but Mac didn't have anywhere close to the connection to the girls that he has now. He certainly didn't feel like their father figure the way he does after raising them. If he didn't become an alcoholic when Georgie, the girl he's RAISED through childhood, teenage years, into adulthood was MURDERED, I don't understand why he would become an alcoholic when little Maxie died. Mac and Felicia were fated to end anyway at that point, with or without Maxie's death.

And I can't believe I'm even debating this, because this whole "What If" scenario isn't even worth it. It's a one-shot episode that just continues the ABC trend of taking popular stories from the past and slapping me across the face with them. How about they come up with some NEW legacy stories that we talk about for decades to come, as opposed to messing with the past. Create NEW memories, not beat us over the head with old ones, sacrificing any and all integrity in the process.

Sorry, DES... it's not you. I swear. LOL!

• Members

LOL! It's okay, no worries.

And you're right... it is kinda pointless debating an episode we know is going to be twisted garbage regardless of how they decide to write it.

It really amazes me how much Guza coasts on "resonance" of the last heartfelt storylines that GH ever did, more than 10 years ago, BEFORE he was even head writer. Wish we could get a new heartfelt story.

Archived