GH: "What if B.J. hadn't died?"

• Members

From the new TV Guide:

People are still talking about it. Arguably the greatest--and most gloriously acted--soap plot ever played out on General Hospital in 1994, when little B.J. Jones failed to survive a school-bus accident and her heart was donated to her dying cousin, Maxie.

Now GH is about to pose a very interesting question: What if B.J. hadn't been killed in that crash and it was Maxie who died instead? On February 24, blonde cutie-pie Kirsten Storms, who plays the screwed-up Maxie, will don a dark-red wig and take on the role of B.J. for an epic dream episode that'll show how different life in Port Charles would be if there had been no heart donor.

"It's totally crazy," says Storms. "I was tearing through the script going, "Whaaat? Are these writers serious?' The audience is in for some real shocks." We find out that Maxie's death turned Mac into a raging alcoholic. Robin never got over the AIDS-related death of of her soulmate Stone and wants nothing more to do with love. And Carly and Patrick are unhappily married and cheating on each other. But not everything's a mess. Notes Storms: "B.J. has become a medical student and is engaged to Matt. She wants to become a cariologist so she can find a cure for what killed Maxie. Isn't that sweet?"

By the end of the episode, Storms says, "Maxie wakes up from the dream and goes to B.J.'s grave. She realizes how lucky she is to be alive and that she needs to make decisions in life that aren't so stupid. We'll see if it sticks." If it doesn't, Storms will move on to Plan B. "I really loved wearing that wig", she says, "If Maxie gets even more bad, I'm gonna dye my hair red."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF there is so much wrong with that I dunno where to start.

-BJ's hair was not red and Bobbie wasn't her birth mom for it to be red.

-If Maxie died Mac wouldn't have been an alcoholic cause they weren't that close. She wasn't his kid then.

-Diddo for Robin, If Maxie died it wouldn't have affected Robin at all. They were not close.

-Carly would have still come to town for revenge on Bobbie and ended up as a mob moll

• Members

Are they going to bring Brad Maule back for this episode? Apparently not. I thought they would have, since he was the centerpiece of BJ's death.

Why would Carly be unhappily married to Patrick because BJ lived? Are they saying she never would have broken up Bobbie and Tony if BJ had lived?

Why do they only put Kristen and Jason Cook together in fantasy episodes?

• Members

I guarantee you that as bad it will be (clusterfuck-wise), it'll still be better than the GH we've had.

This whole thing is total mess. I bet Guza never even went back to track the fact that Mac and Felicia weren't even CLOSE to being involved at the time, so he wouldn't have given a rat's ass. And yeah - I bet he thinks BJ IS Bobbie's daughter. I mean yeah - Tony and Tanya were both brunettes, but we'll make BJ a redhead. Why not?

Ugh...

• Members

We should not be surprised that nothing in this dream makes any sense. It is just a stunt so Guza can feel clever. Even Kirsten admitted when she read the script she didn't think that they were serious.

My theory. Guza can't stomach that Kristen and Jason are good together so he only caves and puts them together in small doses so he can keep his fantasy that Maxie could ever be romantically interested in Spinelli going.

• Members

I love that so many of the actors who made this scene so memorable have been unceremoniously fired over the last decade. Bobbie Eakes, Brad Maul, Kristina Wagner, Lynn Herring... all weren't asking for much, just a contract and instead they were sent packing. In 3/4 cases, without a goodbye or proper mention. To a certain extent, even Robyn Richards was dropped without a second thought.

Anyone else on board about this blowing? Why ruin such a wonderful legacy. Wasn't Maxie's heart problem when they recast with Storms and Robinson enough?

• Members

I can't say how Matt and Maxie are because they've never tried them in a story. I would rather see Maxie with Johnny, if they aren't going to try her with Matt. Spinelli can date a cardboard cutout of Jason.

They have to ruin as much of GH as they can because Guza's ego can't stay afloat if any era but his holds up with fans. What better way to make his mark than to let viewers know that everything would be crap if BJ had lived? Do you think he knows thanks to him, everything is crap even though BJ died? This is his subconscious laughing at him.

Can we have some episode where we find out what would have happened if if the 500 characters Guza has slaughtered had lived? They can just put Kristen Storms in various wigs and makeup and prosthetics.

• Members

A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oh, Carl, thank you. The numerous images in my head... Kirsten as Faith Roscoe, Kirsten as Emily, Kirsten as Georgie, Kirsten as Courtney, Kirsten as Alan Quartermaine... God, thank you so much. I'll be laughing about this all night.

Archived