AMC: Character from the past returning

• Members

Id like to think she is more than a cartoon which is unfortunetly that the KC's version tends to be and how she's been utilized since first returning a few years ago. I like Janet and wouldnt mind seeing her back more permanetly but she cant be a viable character the way she was before. Eventually the jokes get stale and behind all the antics she's nothing more than a one note buffoon.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked both KC and RM in the role, but I always enjoyed Kate's version a bit more. The whole "Natalie in the Well" and "Who Killed Will?" plots were so entertaining! Janet is always quirky -- perhaps ''cartoonish'' when off her medication. But KC, in my opinion, is such a great actress that she totally sells it and makes it work somehow. Who remembers those cabin scenes with Babe? When she was talking to "Natalie" and smashed the mirror! Or how about the jail scenes when she starts praying? Great stuff! Janet was my favorite part of the show.

• Members

I disagree. I don't think that's Janet. I think what that is, is Janet in a blender on the rocks.

And Mattson was funny, in that she imbued Janet with a razor-sharp, sarcastic wit. There were times that her commentary on other characters almost made you root for her (almost). I remember her annoyance at Dixie trying to protest her being freed from prison. Remember her seduction of Palmer, and her crush on Tad? Her conversations / tauntings with "Mirror Janet" were humorous, while still imposing fear. In my opinion, Mattson turned Janet into a fully-developed character that she had never been.... and unfortunately, has not been since her departure.

• Members

Knowing AMC's track record with grabbing desperate to flee PGP stars, maybe it will go...

"The role of Brooke will now be played by Kim Zimmer."

"The role of Liza will now be played by Maura West."

"The role of Hayley will now be played by Nicole Forester."

"The role of Dimitri will now be played by Bradley Cole."

• Members

Eh, the only thing Dixie would re-energize is Tad and David, and I don't think anyone wants to see that mess again.

Brooke, maybe. But I'm not sure enough people in Pine Valley would care, and Jamie's not there either.

Janet's a possibility but at the end of the day she's nuts and a murderer so I really don't see her being here to stay, or do something other then cause trouble AMC may not really need.

I was thinking, I know that Finola does some guest spots on GH, but could it be Anna? Though, I'm not sure she'd make an impact on the whole town.

I almost wonder if re-energize means like, "pull together" or something...which would point to someone like Michael Cambias or something.

Holy crap, could it be Vanessa? Ah I'd love that. What is Marj D. up to these days, anyone know?

• Members

I think Vanessa would be just what AMC needs. But not the psychopath she left as. She's got enough ties to Pine Valley to really shake up the canvas, especially if she knew if Leo was alive, or if she was picking up her Proteus dealings that maybe Adam somehow got himself involved in.

Archived