ATWT: Week of February 9th

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly don't see how the character of Paul hasn't been shot numerous times by now. If I were an Oakdale citizen, I would shudder everytime that creep came around. The character had soooo much potential, but ever since Roger took over the role, they have continuously murdered and repetitively tortured the character. I'm just shocked he still exists.

• Members

Exactly. Instead of just dealing with what he did already, TIIC try and create sympathy for Paul by someone stealing his baby. They didn't have to do any of that crap...they could have just let Paul fight for his visitation rights after his stay in the psych ward. TIIC have completely ruined the character trying to play to Howarth's "strengths" which seem to me to be tossing his golden/dark golden/nearly brunette locks and SCREAMING at everyone.

• Members

Well at least we know that the OakDumb "Time Travel Portal" has been overhauled and is still operational, and that it is still possible to find someone in NYC without knowing exactly where in the city they are. We even saw Nurse Joy run into an actual home looking for ''The baby" because she heard a baby and just knew it was her baby.

• Members

*eyeroll* Well, she just miraculously KNEW it was her baby crying. It wasn't like there aren't millions of newborns in NYC 'burbs or anything.

Ugh...featuring all of the twentyish actors on one day is....annoying. And on top of Bratie and Henry/V sex....it's a "D" story day all the way.

• Members

Yeah, I was a huge Iva fan back then. I know Iva was depressed all the time (with her life who wouldn't be) but I thought she was a wonderful, complex character. She always seemed very real. A few months ago I was watching some of the scenes from before I started watching ATWT, where Iva first came back to Oakdale and Emma raged at her for not being there when the family needed her. Just brilliant scenes, especially when Emma forgave her and Iva wailed, "Oh, Mama," and went into her mother's arms.

I never forgave Holden for taking Aaron from her (then dumping Aaron off on Emma, and finally on Julie, who wasn't exactly mother of the year).

At least Iva had a happy ending...I don't want to think about what would happen to her these days.

Archived