Krista Tesreau(Mindy) returns to GL!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the character of Mindy, although I grew to prefer Kimberley Simms in the role.

Mindy's one of those characters that's been off the canvas so long that all kinds of things could have happened to her. She could have married, divorced, had kids... etc, etc. (Actually, if she DIDN'T do at least one of these things, it wouldn't make sense... I hate when characters' lives stand still when they are off-canvas.)

Here's hoping she comes back with some baggage, drama and ready to throw down. Hopefully they will give her something to do and not just lurk around the corners of Peapack freezing her balls off.

• Members

I see what you are saying, but I do see a difference. DAYS brought back fan favorites to an already full canvas that they should have been focusing on in the first place. GL is bringing back fan faves to a fairly decimated canvas, possibly in the hopes that it will begin to repair the damage that the extensive budget cuts have had on GL's core. So that any faves that return will provide the kind of richness and heart to the canvas that GL has not had in quite a while.

• Members

But is it too late? Why did they take so long to make changes??

That's what I thought.

That's a good question!

Me too

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....let's hope so!

I loved Simms too but love Krista too. I wish they would cast Evans as Beth. Then we would have the original 4 musketeers.

• Members

I'm enjoying that Guiding Light are taking positive steps to rectify the damage that has been done over the last few years. The rumours that Grady, Ashlee and Daisy are being written out, as well as the return of Shayne and Philip and now THIS! Mindy is a character I was always really interested in seeing again, I loved the episodes centering on Nick and Mindy's wedding on YouTube and I think it will be nice to revisit this famed Four Musketeers thing I've heard so much about; I'm hoping this is going to introduce a whole new generation of viewers to GL's history. I also like that the show is getting away from being so Cooper centric; the rebuilding of Josh and Reva's family with Shayne and now Mindy, as well as the recent-ish return of Bill, as well as the return of Philip to shake things up really gives me hope that Wheeler et al are taking a cue from Maria Arena Bell's work at Y&R and building on the rich history of the show.

Things are definately looking up at GL; it's as if one of TPTB suddenly had an epiphany that watching incestuous love stories and not much else really happening isnt what viewers want.

• Members

One thing I really like about these returns is I think most of them have been necessary returns. If the Spauldings are going to continue, Phillip needed to come back. GL desperately needed a younger leading man with as many ties to the canvas as Shayne has. Mindy still has all her friends and family in town. I'm not sure what they're going to do with Edmund but I think there's room for him as well.

I know there can be a tendency to bring people back only because they were old favorites, like what happened when GL brought Nola back, but I haven't seen that happening this time, yet.

I just hope there's still time to improve enough to get the ratings up and give the show at least another year. I do think the show is improving, not just in a "it can't get any worse" way, but strong improvement.

Archived