Krista Tesreau(Mindy) returns to GL!

• Members

I was talking about Anne Hamilton on AIM a few days ago. PHEW! She was A.W.F.U.L. BTW, Hamilton was not before Simms, but after in early 1993. She was on for all of 3-4 months or so and then fired and replaced with Barbara Crampton, who was better but not by much.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was talking about Anne Hamilton on AIM a few days ago. PHEW! She was A.W.F.U.L. BTW, Hamilton was not before Simms, but after in early 1993. She was on for all of 3-4 months or so and then fired and replaced with Barbara Crampton, who was better but not by much.

• Members

Barbara Crampton was FAR too old to be playing Mindy. She's a decent enough actress, but she aged the character by a good 10-15 years the minute she took over.

I'm surprised she lasted in the role as long as she did, considering she had zero chemistry with Vincent Irizarry.

• Members

The other role I'd seen Barbara in was Leanna Love, where she was full of personality. I couldn't believe how boring she was as Mindy. She didn't have the quirkiness of Krista or the sensuality of Kimberley Simms. I think they only kept her because they weren't going to bother to recast again, because she didn't have anything to do once she was done with Nick. I thought Nick was a very boring character in his own right; I'm not sure what might have been if Beverlee had stayed as Alex, but the Spaulding stories quickly grew boring once she left.

The only person I can remember Barbara having chemistry with was Michael O'Leary, which was a sad case of ships passing in the night, since Rick's return was only a few weeks before Mindy's departure.

• Members

Ah, you are taking me back now...

I loved Nick, and thought the initial "triangle" between Nick, Mindy and Alex was DYNAMITE. Nick was good as the slightly tarnished knight in shining armor. GL had a lot of them back then... Nick, Mallet, Ross, Ed, Dylan...

I do think Nick languished a bit after he embraced the Spaulding name. It wasn't until he met Susan that I actually enjoyed the character again. He got to play hero again, and I thought Nancy Bell was very appealling as Susan. It's a shame they couldn't stay on-canvas longer, but I take comfort in knowing they are probably still happily married somewhere out there...

• Members

Alex visits Nick and Susan every year in Paris over the holidays! I'm enjoying VI's very dark David on AMC right now, but if GL had brought him back as both Lujack and Nick, it would have been a dream come true for me, especially now with both Beth and Mindy there! :)

• Members

I forgot about Susan. I did like her, she had good chemistry with Nick. I was also pleased to see the Nick and Alex conflict resolved, since, IIRC, Alex liked Susan. She was a good friend to Lucy and up to that point she was one of the first soap characters who actually did live with AIDS, emphasis on live. They resisted killing her off for an easy emotional fix, which was one of McTavish's more restrained moments as a writer. I'm surprised Nancy Bell hasn't worked more.

• Members

This is very good news.

Ah....if only this had happened shortly after Millee Taggart left. The writers could have exactly picked up where Taggart left off, and that is the secret that Alex used to blackmail Mindy with during the "The Ex-wives Club". I don't expect the current crop of writers to remember this, or Alex and Mindy's rivalry either (is Alex even on the show?), but it would be refreshing if they did. It would give the writers plenty of story potential.

I now wait for the day to see Phillip, Mindy, Beth, and Rick sharing the same scene and reminiscing of their younger days. It will be heaven.

Simms is to Mindy, what Tognoni is to Dinah. Both were able to make the character their own, despite how phenomenal their predecessors were.

• Members

Taggart was still writing during the ex wives club? I thought it was awful Kreitzman writing it. Alex is still around. So hopefully they will have some scenes. I can't wait for Four Musketeers to reminisce as well.

And I agree with your assessment of Simms and Tognoni.

Archived