OLTL: Logan rant in TV Guide

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But David has been turned into a buffoon. Yes he's always had a certain level of buffoonery because his schemes never succeed, but he's also at times truly been menacing. It's like they've totally dropped that aspect of his character in favor of comic relief. I've said it before, but the last few David returns have been like paper dolls and it's about dressing him up. Dress David in briefs, and tie him to a chair with leather reins. Dress David in too small overalls. Dress David in saffron robes. Give him funny lines to say. I don't see a story. It's all about the gags.

• Members

Word.

Dorian didn't suck David off just because she wanted to be passionate. She sucked him off because she wants his money. Even yesterday, after some silly Buddhism-related scenes, after David walked away, Dorian was all aglow about being Mrs. David Buchanan.

It's not even the fact that it was a blow job that makes it stupid, IMO. If the scene had begun with them crawling out of bed, my reaction would have been the same. "Did Dorian just [!@#$%^&*] David for his money? Whaa?" He'd been in her house for what...five minutes? And she never once talked about missing him while he was gone...and so...that was a passionate display of affection? HA!

• Members

Leah bored viewers to death during her last stint at OLTL. Is she working there again?

Sometimes I think Pratt is working hard to drive viewers away. I think RC is overrated and needs to figure out how to tell stories but I still think he's better than Pratt. With the advantages AMC has it isn't very far ahead of OLTL in the ratings.

• Members

But that's exactly what Dorian did. :P David didn't make her do it, David didn't even know why the hell she was doing it, so I wouldn't equate it to prostitution when the other party isn't even in on the deal. When you break down those scenes, maybe Dorian's super objective is to get the $$$, but in that particular scene she is so floored by this idea of a celibate/self-denying David Vickeroshi that almost immediately her objective is to get this man who she knows is a horndog to sleep with her. It wasn't even about the money in those particular beats. I mean of course we can agree to disagree :) but I don't think it was written and I don't think Robin played it like Dorian was lowering herself (no pun intended). I just don't think Robin would have been as enthusiastic as she was about playing it if she felt it would disrespect the character. On her Hotline she was very proud of the naughty scene and hoped it looked like what we all thought it looked like.

I might add that it's not really the money Dorian's after anyway, it's sticking it to the Buchanans. Of course Dorian loves the prospect of even more money and material things, but she loves watching the Bukes squirm even more.

• Members

The tone is what is confusing me, I don't understand what OLTL is trying to say or do. Cole is using painkillers and acting like he is strung out on steriod acting all aggressive, David and Dorian is a comedy act not a brillant take over move by Dorian, Vanessa and Chris is a stereotypical immigrant story that sucks on all points, Marty/Blair/John is a bad repeat of Jovan/Jolie and is all over the place. Forget about the whodunit, the moment Todd was lying next to the body twirling a bloody knife spoiled it for me, is that guy suppose to be a joke or what? All of these over the top antics take me out of the story instead of drawing me in.

The only thing that is remotely interesting is Nat/Jess because I feel that is the only genuine story and even there Nat needs to tone it down.

• Members

I love this story but I disagree that Natalie needs to tone it down. I believe the story is intended to be polarizing. People can see Natalie's perspective, but she is definitely pushing too hard. That's Natalie's character. It smacks of trying to get John to take his meds after leaving the hospital. People can hate that about her, but I like it. She is resolute and forceful and for some people that translates into overbearing and obnoxious. I still like it. LOL.

Archived