B&B Weekly Discussion

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was a great, entertaining, satisfying week of B&B...

Jackie/Nick/Bridget/Clark: So much fun! I love Jackie is kicking ass and taking names!

Stephanie/Rick/Steffy/Taylor/James: I love Ian Buchanan's voice, it's the spookiest, most confident voice in daytime...his scenes with Steffy were great, I loved how he spoke of "balancing the scales"...ominous. Terrific.

Brooke tearing into Rick was great, campy melodrama. "I frigging forbid it!" OK I see why people dislike that line...but I think KKL delivered it really well. If only they could say [!@#$%^&*] in daytime.

• Members

Alas...I so value your opinions, but I cannot concur with a single thing you have written here :)

Maybe with one exception: I watched with breathless anticipation every moment from when Stephanie discovered Rick's IMs with Steffy, to her revealing herself to him and her subsequent confrontations with him. But that was all Flannery. I doubt I would have cared if she hadn't brought her 'A game' (as usual).

I'd love to see a truly rejuvenated Spectra...but none of the Jackie M nonsense grabs me. I DID like that they scripted Nick as smart, quickly seeing through that stupid disguise.

Good moments...but overall still a very weak skeleton. These bits of flesh do not a healthy body make. But to continue the metaphor, I do think the "bones" are still there to make this show great. But they MUST dispense with the eyerolling storytelling.

• Members

How random of Beth to pop up today. Robin Riker must have been bored and wanted to work for a half day, lol. They even BS'ed her reason for being there, Ridge "secretly" hired a cameraman to take pictures of the wedding. I guess she's truly recurring though.

I love that they can call up people like IB to play these day-by-day roles. Makes the show much more enjoyable to have people we're familiar with. As mentioned, his voice is amazing, and they write really well for him.

Lol Shannon Bradley is the one that wrote the friggin/freakin forbid it line. It was just a little...strange. And Rick and Ridge have NEVER gotten along. The Phoebe thing just made it a lot worse.

• Members

This Jackie M nonsense...is pretty much ALL that Spectra ever was. It was always very gimmicky and campy, with over-the-top disguises and a flamboyant leader. The Bridget SL is sort of a rehash of Felicia from a long time ago, it's just that Bridget isn't the rebel and I'm sure once it all gets out and she comes out with her first line so people know she can do it, she'll go over to FC. Other than the awful couple, I don't know what else could be done to improve.

• Members

Fair enough...I think the difference between you and I is that you yearn for the past and I'm focused on just enjoying the present. The cast is not the same as it was in 1995, nor is Bill Bell there. Times have changed and Brad has to write for his international audience in mind...while B&B, in the past, has been gripping...I'm happy to enjoy it as light, campy fun. If it moves past that, which it really might, then I think you'll be pleased.

• Members

I wish they'd stop trotting out James every time B&B stages an intervention. All his ominous pronouncements...:rolleyes: Good grief...wouldn't a credible psychiatrist at least sit down with either of the couple he's psychoanalyzing, instead of just listening to the hysterical assessments of Stephanie and Taylor? And then, instead of focusing on Steffy, and what her grief might be compelling her to do...he attacks Ric as the "consummate user". DUH...even if that's true, the surest way to get a teen to dig in her heels is to tell her what she must not do.

OTOH, I have to give props to the Brooke/Rick fight. Thank God for once, Brooke didn't have to mouth some wussy ode to love and excuse someone's behavior. She ripped her son a new [!@#$%^&*], and he deserved it. Where Eric came off as an enabler last week, Brooke grew a pair.

• Members

I think HT does bitchy really well (like the showdown at Big Bearwhere she accuses Brooke of waiting in the wings to take Ridge from her and 'their children'). "Taylor" and "Brooke" trade hot barbs. Brooke calls Taylor a conceited bitch and Taylor ranks on Brooke about sleeping with her first SIL and being attracted to another. Taylor ends with saying, 'score one for the whores of the world'.

Bitchy? She's perfect at it.

Everything else? It's not clear what the **** is going on. Her anger looks like nervous energy to me. She rattles, shakes, and jumps up and down. The look on SF's face is always priceless. She always looks like she's trying to suppress a laugh, to me.

• Members

Does James live in LA? I got that impression bc I think Taylor said something about him being there for her everyday.

The resemblance between Jacqueline MacInnes Wood and Hunter Tylo is uncanny. They are so much alike that its scary and they could really be mother/daughter. Ive never seen such perfect casting on a soap

Loved Brooke's reaction to Rick's news. The guy is a loon but it was funny that he said he was following in her footsteps when it came to sleeping through a family...lol

I think its more of a case of her being in LA, makes her seem pretty normal compared to the rest of her family and the Forresters! LOL

Archived