B&B Weekly Discussion

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still can't believe they made Bridget a fashion designer. And that backstory about the sewing machine last week was LAME! At least this will keep Ashley Jones away from that boring medical jargon that she lifelessly utters.

Will catch the rest of the show online tonight or later this week, but I wish B&B would slow down their stories and do something other than allow the Forresters to swap tongues with each other.

And for goodness sakes, can we get Lesli Kay a story? I mean, it's fun getting paid to do nothing, but damn, she's gotta be bored with what they give her. She's still hot and can act. Just give her a damn story! PLEASE! I'd take seeing Lesli Kay drive a story anyday over crazyass Aunt Pam and especially Bridget the weeping slut-turn-doctor-turned-victim-turn-fashion designer.

• Members

Honestly, the twist is tolerable to me ONLY because it signals that the era of cancers and heart attacks and implanted babies and comas may, finally, be getting a rest. Getting out of the hospital this explicitly, I think, is merely a structural attempt to redirect the show.

So I can live with it.

But something MUST be done about Rick-Marcus-Steffy (sap, syrup, vomit), Nick and Katie (a little Felicia injection could do THAT tale a lot of good!), and Taylor (poor Hunter...so lost...and nothing seems to repair that actress or character). With these elements corrected, and a COMMITMENT to let the Ridge-Brooke romance rest on the backburner for a long time, I think we could have something.

• Members

I also hope that Bridget's foray in to fashion means less medical mess. They really over-did it last year.

Rick is such a clueless little brat. He didn't want Steffy to see Ridge. Uh, Ridge's daughter died and he needs his family, get over it Rick. And he wanted to stay in the beachhouse with Steffy. Did he REALLY think nobody would notice that one? Or that the family would allow that?

Also, the fact that her dad is "married" to his mom, wouldn't that complicate any legal things that Rick dreams up? (I say "married" because it was that sham of a beach wedding.)

• Members

Do you think its better that they had revealed Bridget as a new fashion designer like they did last week, or would it have been better hat they played up the mystery of Jackie M's new designer and let us now in a few weeks at the same time as the rest of the characters?

• Members

IMHO, even tho is screams of being desperate and is a total rewrite, i will accept Bridgett as a fashion person now and not a dr because... well this show needs to be desperate for something!

now as for how, it could have been much better. i mean, anything really.

random thought off the top of my head... she could have been just doodling around and drew a fashion piece and maybe just did it for fun, or as a way to release her stress or clear her mind and then at the same time have her start to question her career choice. maybe she loses a patient she was close with and takes it hard and takes some time off or something and decides to embrace fashion - realizing its what shes always loved but she kind of repressed it wanting to break free from the family buisness, and from that she decides to NOT go to work at forrester.

idk, i think if you are gonna do a complete rewrite at least make it work for the char. maybe its just me.

• Members

I didn't think the medical stories were boring. I think the problem is that it just seemed like they majorly overdid them.

And how is it a guarantee that the show will shift to fashion if Bridget is suddenly a fashion designer? The biggest problem with this show is that they could easily save money by using the fashion house sets more in fashion storylines. And I don't mean using them in another lame "Who Stole The Forrester Collection" story. Can we see the Forresters collapse or hurt for once without it being due to someone "cheating" or "stealing" their outdated, 80's designs? Can we see them hurt for longer than a few weeks?

Another problem with the fashion stories on B&B(especially recently) is how they don't really DRIVE other stories on the show in a way that will have lasting repercussions. Yeah, Rick stole the Forrester Collection and gave it to Jackie M because he wanted to be with Steffy, his true love, forever. SO WHAT?! What about what is going on elsewhere? We see everyone scrambling to put the pieces together for a last minute collection. What about the fabric they had ordered? Did they revamp the collection and use colors for the fabric they had ordered already? Wouldn't those colors still be considered a knockoff of the Jackie M line? Also, what about the crochet bikinis Pam make? Are those really as skin friendly as they're supposed to be? And also, wouldn't it be considered a PR nightmare to have Pam working there?

I think it would be wise of B&B to capitalize on it's fashion roots by revolving the entire show around fashion and allowing the character's relationships to be kind of...secondary. I hope I made sense here.

If I had my pick, I would have rather had them drag it out with hints and clues, but not actually have them reveal it until we had those pieces. Or, I would have rather had them drag it out awhile if they knew Bridget was gonna be a fashion designer. Maybe scenes with Mark MacClaine or another head doctor telling her she isn't cutting it, she sucks as a doctor, and that the only reason she is one is because her family spent all that money to make her one. Something character building for Bridget. It would give Ashley Jones something to play other than "sexy and hurt" or "blonde actress bored with medical jargon."

• Members

Ah, but it solidifies Rick as the male Brooke.

The one lever Stephanie has always had against Brooke was "love and acceptance". (Interestingly, she had this lever against Sally Spectra too). When all else failed, Stephanie could sometimes cut Brooke to the core by telling her to "do the right thing", and by offering the possibility of respect and love in return. "I understand you are damaged," she would seem to imply, "But you can break out of your patterns by doing the right things."

She used this EXACT mind-f*ck with Rick yesterday, apparently to good effect!

Now, if Rick is the nu-Brooke, if we could just position Felicia as the nu-Stephanie, we'd have ourselves an effective "next generation".

• Members

Yeah, she loved him all right. She loved him so much that she let him be born illegitimately, and she tried to drive his parents apart every chance she got. Then when his parents finally were apart, she became his mother's worst nightmare. She even tried to have his mother stripped of custody of him and had her arrested. Some idea of love. I think the whole spiel was to try and get him to do what she wanted, i.e. to stay away from Steffy because it's the "right thing."

And of course, she blamed his being messed up on Eric and Brooke. That kind of talk from Stephanie always makes me laugh. She acts like this paragon of moral integrity, the perfect mother and wife, when she's hardly close to any of the above. I wonder if she's ever thought about her "love" for Rick during all her crusades where she talks about her and her kids as Eric's "real family"?

Archived