GL: February Discussion

• Members

As good as the episode was, I am torn about the way the flashbacks were done. JD and FH were great in them and they fit what was happening but since they were fabricated solely to fit into this episode, I have to think that original scenes from her pregnancy and Coop's childhood would have been more touching. The fact that they would be more random would only make them more realistic.

I don't think that visual continuity is the most important thing. Are they gonna never show any flashbacks ever again now except for scenes that were shot outdoors like Jeva's Cross Creek wedding that they showed pieces of last summer? That's just plain unnecessary. We all know that GL never looked like it does now until last year. We can deal with the contrast. If the writing remains as good as it's been, we can ignore alot of things.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Liz Keifer interview.

http://1000worlds.wordpress.com/2009/02/17...ew-springfield/

Sounds like she has some good material coming up. I took a long time to get over Sherry Stringfield but I admire Liz Keifer for sticking with GL after the tripe they have given her throughout this decade. Now that Phillip is back Blake should, if GL remembers to use her, be more relevant than ever.

• Members

Beth and Coop started having an affair when she went back to school, against Alan's protests, and Coop was tutoring her. When Alan found out about the affair, he blackmailed Beth into re-marrying him by threatening to keep their daughter away from her and having Coop hurt. Even though Beth broke up with him, Coop knew that she was being threatened into the marriage and vowed to stop the wedding. Coop was in a car crash as he was on his way to the church while he was on the phone with a threatening Alan. Phillip, who had just returned to town, was also on his way to the church when he heard the crash. He pulled Coop from the wreck and got him to the hospital. Coop suffered massive brain damage after his heart stopped beating and Buzz had to take him off life-support at the end of Tuesday's show.

• Members

Blake began pursuing Coop while encouraging his writing career. Around the same time, insecure Ashlee decided to get a gastric band. She pushed Coop away, and he began sleeping with Blake, then eventually moved on to Beth. I never understood why they broke up. Ashlee even said as much a few days ago.

• Members

If Blake ever sleeps with Buzz, that would mean she hit the trifecta in two different families (Spaulding and Cooper). It would also mean she had shared two men with her mother.

That must qualify for some kind of prize. Or professional help.

• Members

I love how they had coop know before anyone else that he wasn't going to be around long, telling Frank to help their dad.

AND

they're making it all about Buzz! which is fantastic. GL knows where its bread is buttered and by writing Deas to shine, they're getting the most bang for their buck.

GL IS GETTING ITS SH!T TOGETHER, MAY I SAY IT?!

• Members

Alex is back! The relationship between Alex and Phillip was always very special and I'm glad to see them together again.

I liked many of the small moments in today's show (Reva and Buzz, Josh and Buzz). Most soaps don't bother with those now.

They need to do some rehab on Lizzie.

• Members

Yay Alex!! :D

And I agree.. I love GL when they have those little moments and have characters move from scenes with one person to another to another... instead of a whole show with interaction with just one other character.

And oh yeah... did I mention...

Yay Alex!!! :D

Now it's time to find Wanda... :huh:

• Members

Agreed. But even bigger than that, I liked that sense of community shown today, which I think should always have been a major part of the show. Unfortunately, that's one of the few major downpoints of budget cuts is that we don't see as much of it as we could (and should for a show based on charity and brotherhood). I liked that Mel, Alex (offscreen presumably), Josh, Reva, and Jeffrey (ugh) went to pay their condolences to Buzz.

Archived