GL: February Discussion

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! When was the last time Frank got some? The hooker? Who knows, maybe he'll stop acting like sucha prick with a pole up his ass.

As expected, I thoroughly enjoyed the phillip/Olivia scenes. Very nice touches throughout and even though I don't particularly like Frank, I also enjoyed his scenes with Natalia. And the fact that Nat had some second thoughts afterwards was a great touch.

I love the way that Jeff Branson and Kim Zimmer interact. They really feel like a genuine mother and son. I loved their scenes together. This is also the first day that I felt anything for Daisy. Her scenes with both Phillip and Reva were great. Snow's Susan/Daisy never liked Phillip either, especially after the planeboink was revealed, so I can understand where the animosity came from. And the conversation about loss with Reva was very poignant. I enjoyed the mention of Jim.

• Members

But he ins't in charge anymore...Doris's cousin is, who is the only person who is more inept then Frank to run it!

We need to see more Doris. I dont want her in a storyline, but I love how she just seems to dislike EVERYONE else in town except Alan. She is so critical she makes a great Greek Chorus commenting on the stupidity of everyone else in town.

I dont mind the Edmund story and think that it is THAT bad. I would rather that Jeva were back together again and dealing with the discomfort of dealing with Eddie. The only way this will work is if they have Eddie take Jeffie off with him to hell.

The one problem I have is that Edmund doesnt work well with this new format. A freakin Prince running around this burg? I know they are intent on bringing fan favorites back, but Eddie is not one they should have used. And RVD is right, the real meat of this story is the greiving Shane not being able to reach out to his family and Dinah being the only one who can help him...and Jeva's discomfort with that. We dont need Eddie, just Reva trying to protect Shane from Dinah and Dinah not giving up and giving as good as she gets.

I also dont think we need round six million of the silly Cooper vs. Spaulding fued. Time to let that go and focus on Lewis. vs. Spaulding.

• Members

I think they moved Edmund away from being a prince during DAM's years with Cassie. He's a funny, complex character when they make the effort to write for him. He's also a character who is adept at puncturing balloons and pretensions of the "good" characters. I would have loved to have seen Edmund paired up with India. Since India is probably never coming back, then I wouldn't mind seeing them try Edmund with Doris.

Edmund as long-suffering father, or as Reva's nightmare, I could do without. His past with Reva was probably one of my least favorite things about the character, as was all that Jonathan melodrama.

• Members

Hey...I know I've FF'd through the snoozeworthy Lara plot....and I know Shane didn't know she was pregnant. But don't you think he would have given the fact she looked like she swallowed a basketball??? OY vey...another craptastic plot. Any bets that we find out Eddie's got the kid stashed somewhere?

• Members

Loved today's show.

I think Edmund is useful, in a way that he would be great to pair either Alex or India up with (or have a triangle), or have in the Spaulding atmosphere.

I was thinking that when Liv and Natalia do get together, who should they pair Frank up with next (which I think is somewhat unlikely)? Perhaps Blake?

• Members

It was really nice to see Phillip say he wuld not be surprised to see Liv with another woman and that he didn't care. JLH saying that Natalia and Phillip are going to become friends in March sweeps, comparing them to Maureen and Roger, also does my heart good. Looks like GL might be setting up Beth/Phillip and Otalia to pretty important in the grand scheme of things.

No doubt in my mind after today that Otalia is coming sooner rather than later. I can't wait. Their lsat scene today was amazing. CC and JL were pitch perfect and their chemistry. Wow.

• Members

Honestly, I can wait. I think the best part of this story is how it has developed. It has been slow, gradual. Starting out as friends, moving in together, furtive glances, conflicted feelings. This is how ALL long-term soap romances should be, never mind a homosexual couple. I'm so tired of the couple-and-pass atmosphere of today's shows. They only create unrootable couples that will just be passed over when the next big chemistry break sets in. This kind of story is much more engaging and interesting. Add into it the conflicted feelings and hurdles for two woman who have always thought of themselves as straight women having doubts about their sexuality (not to mention one of which is a church-going catholic). Not to mention the views of others as their romance develops. If done as well as it has, it could be the most organic "coming out" story in daytime.

• Members

I think it's going to be a long road for Olivia and Natalia, if GL has the time to take a long road (I mean if they aren't canceled).

I've seen one of the writers at Marlena's soap site compare Natalia to Maureen, but I'm surprised JHC herself has now compared them. I don't think Natalia and Phillip are the same as Roger and Maureen (Natalia isn't quite as saintly, since she had sex with Gus while he was married, and Phillip isn't as bad as Roger at his worst), but that's not a bad comparison.

I liked the way they wrote for Reva on Tuesday's show, the humor and the concern as she tried to cope with her health problems.

She wasn't showing until after the last time Shayne saw her.

Poor Dinah is throwing grenades at her feet yet again, even if she means well.

• Members

OMG Vanessa, Josh, Hawk, Lillian, and Billy all in one room? It's vets galore! (And no Matt woohoo!)

I just get a warm feeling when watching Vanessa and Reva in the same scene. It reminds me so much of the Lewis-Shayne drama in the 80s and how Vanessa and Reva have become the best of friends since those days.

• Members

I hate to rub it in Dan...

There was a scene Hawk jokingly(or maybe he was serious?) told Lillian that if she ever got tired of Buzz, he was always available, and then mentioned hat the two of them used to date. Small scene but it's an example of how so much history is being used in today's episode.

Vanessa and Buzz discussed Henry and Jenna and how Coop was named after him.

To think I thoght Reva's baby shower was going to be FF worthy. I do have to say that despite all the good, Mallet, Marina and Jeffrey are heavily showed today. :rolleyes:

• Members

I got a big dumb grin on my face when Hawk reminded Lillian of their past relationship. I guess they can't afford to bring Rusty back anymore (he always used to drop in when Hawk did), but was glad to see Hawk again. Poor Reva, this is such a trying time for her and her sisters and brother and three of her kids aren't there. Were they at least mentioned?

Crystal Chappell looks so beautiful even in this new format. Yesterday I thought she looked just absolutely gorgeous.

I'm always reminded of this :D

Archived