GL: February Discussion

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched part of today's show. The way Jeffrey was speaking to Reva, a woman battling cancer and carrying his child, a woman he's supposed to love, was unspeakably vile. One of the few reasons I could tolerate Jeffrey was I thought he genuinely loved Reva. This was wrong, wrong, wrong.

• Members

For me actually, this was the first episode I didn't care too much for.

I keep telling myself during the Jeffrey/Reva scenes that this scene would be so much compelling if it were Josh and Reva who were having the scene.

The show's still good though.

ROFL! I agree!

• Members

Jeffrey wasn't so bad once I pressed the mute button. Even B. Coli's voice just pisses me off. Time to bring out the woodchipper folks!

But I will say this, I loved Kim Zimmer in those scenes. One of the good things about the new production style is that it almost forced her to tone it down. After all, this is real scenary now. I'm sure she would hate eating up the bushes and the trees while she is "sweating her balls off in Peapack."

• Members

Today's episode was ok. It had good aspects, it had bad aspects.

I'm absolutely praying that this kidnapping story ends soon. (From the spoilers, it seems like it might.) I think it's time to ship the Foley brothers far, far away from this show. Maybe in some last act, they go off on a shooting spree and catch Jeffrey, Daisy, Mallet, Ashlee, and Marina in the crossfire before shooting themselves...

I loved, loved, LOVED Beth and Phillip's conversation. It absolutely saved the episode. I always love it when Phillip gets nostalgic and he tends to do that alot. The funny thing is that I felt some long-hidden sparks from Beth and Phillip, which is weird because I hadn't felt any for YEARS. I was thrilled when Beth and Phillip decided not to get back together all the way back in 2001-2. Of course, that was also because Phillip and Olivia were the hotter couple and I was tired of Beth being a sniveling little victim. But I think the GL world would actually fit into place with at least one of its super-couples put back together.

Mallet and Marina are boring as hell.

And I must say this, but WOW at the ratings for last week. Very little fluctuation all week is a very good sign. HOWEVER, I must say that GL needs to step up a little bit more because it's about to undergo its biggest test yet. We are entering the March-April period, which is typically the worst ratings period for soaps. Considering time is running short, they need to fix the problem areas NOW. Get rid of the Foley bros. and end the kidnapping story. Get rid of the rest of the dead wood and fix the rest of the show not dominated by the Phillip umbrella story. If GL gets out unscathed or even healthy, then we are totally int he clear and can celebrate to high heaven because the show might be saved in quite a few ways.

• Members

Yea, we have had great writing, but we also still have too many traces of the "old," Wheeler/Kreizman era. Someone seems to think they can save their faves by folding them into the show in between the Phillp/Spaulding stuff and the Dinah/Shane stuff. As RVD stated, it really shows that there are two writing teams. The show needs to, and I dont care how much this will make Wheelie cry, dump the Foley brothers, Daisy, Ashley and most especially Mallet and Marina and Jeffrey. Its as if we are watching two different shows, and one of them is dragging the other down with it.

Archived