B&B: Week of January 26, 2009

• Members

its even more incestuous bc Ridge still considers Rick his brother and vice versa as they acknowledge that relationship from time to time and of course Eric considers both men his sons. Its beyond sick that Rick thinks its okay to date his nieces, Phoebe and Steffy and for them to think the same of him as well

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand how they plan to keep Rick's actions a secret. I mean, obviously secrets are made to be found out on soaps. But how does Eric even think people won't ask who did it? The whole family knows it was an insider, especially Katie. Does he think they're really going to accpet whatever BS answer he comes up with?

• Members

Oh, my! So Bridget has always dreamed of being a fashion designer? I guess despite having an entire family involved in fashion, it must have been sooo much easier to pursue her second career choice as a doctor. I mean, who wouldn't want to go through all those years (okay, maybe more like months) of rigorous study and practicing something you didn't really want to do in the first place even if you could have been handed your dream job with just a snap of your finger because your whole friggin' family work in the friggin' fashion industry. LOL!

• Members

Quite.

Does the show really need another Forrester spawn as a fashion designer when Felicia already is one? It amazes me how we're supposed to buy the people that turn their hand to it with such great success.

I remember when the show still actually had some sense of its own universe - Sally and Brooke both managed fashion houses without putting pencil to paper. Now you can crochet a thong and you're Coco Chanel.

• Members

That's because it was a secret dream that she always hoped someone would pick up on and didn't, so she went with the flow of what she was praised for (math and science) and went for medicine. Or at least that's what she tried to use for an excuse today, anyway. :-) She also once said she was inspired by that paragon of medical ethics, "Doc" Taylor, and her compassion for her fellow human beings. So much for that inspiration. Maybe she figured out Taylor is as screwed up as the rest of them.

Actually, this kind of reminds me of the story where Thorne became president of Forrester and then defected to Spectra. He said he always wished Eric would take him under his wing like he did with Ridge, but Eric presumed his #2 son, being different from Ridge, had interests that laid more behind the scenes than on the front line. So Thorne got pigeonholed as the production schlep until he finally got sick of it, and he felt he couldn't realize his dream at Forrester. Maybe Bridget's sudden turn-about is along those lines?

Hey, it makes as much sense as anything, right?

• Members

I haven't seen this week's shows yet, but I don't think Bridget's sudden desire to be a fashion designer is because of some hidden desire.

I think they wrote this lame plot-twist because it's really the only thing Ashley Jones can play. I cringed everytime I heard her Bridget spew out medical jargon. It sounded like she was uncomfortable reading that kind of stuff.

• Members

I wonder if we'll actually be seeing the real end of Clarke. Nobody likes his designs and he isn't friends with Nick and Jackie like he was with Sally.

That open door! When Steffy walked in it was so obvious the door wasn't closed.

And this Bridget designing thing is just weird. It's not like there isn't enough craziness going on between the two companies. Why now? She somehow doesn't know that the whole family is in turmoil. And now everybody in the family will be mad at her as well. Like brother like sister I guess. Reminds me of rebellious Felicia.

I do think this continues the show in a positive direction though, AS LONG AS, we don't get a re-re-re-re-hash of Nick/Bridget. (Crosses fingers)

• Members

I don't know why they couldn't make Bridget the FC Doctor-on-Call. It's not like Eric is getting any younger.

Moreover, Taylor for years was the company's in-house psychiatrist. Didn't she have an office there at one point?

Plus Forrester Creations is a fricking danger zone. What with Ridge getting a microwaved vat of BeLieF blown up in his face, Ridge and Brooke/Taylor/whoever getting stuck in elevators, Donna getting locked in the steam room, Stephanie getting shot in the showroom, etc, etc. FC will always need a health professional on hand. Perhaps Bridget can crochet up a bikini on her downtime and contribute to an accessories line ("Bridget's Bits").

• Members

Does Brad have pebbles for brains? Better yet, he must think the audience have pebbles for brains...

Bridget being the new designer is so ridiculously offensive. I do not want to see another stupid tri with her, Katie and Nick. This is so stupid when Thorne or Felecia would have been the obvious choice.

• Members

Everyone of you guys posts are cracking me up. But this just takes the cake.

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Isn't it something how so many vastly different career paths can lead you on the road to being a fashionista? It doesn't matter who you are, you can be a doctor, a sailor, or even a wacko from Chicago who's only previous experience was being caretaker for Rose from the Golden Girls, you, too can be a fashion designer!

You know what is most messed up thing out of all this? That just about everybody on the show can become a overnight sensation fashion designer, but Clarke and all his years of stealing and studying from the best still can't design worth crap. LOL!

• Members

I think it's funny how Stephanie just floats around doing whatever she wants. "You know we have to do the collection over.....somebody stole it." And that look she had. And her peeking around the corner in the beach house LOL. Monday should be good.

What happened to yesterday though? They ended with Stephanie seeing Rick and Steffy and today she was talking to Eric at the beginning.

• Members

Oh this wouldn't hurt so bad if it weren't for the fabulous Pamini's... with a CROCHET technique so secret that only Pam can churn out the one of a kind hot knit bikinis... So what is she making? 20 a day in the Forrester sweatshop? I really think when I look back, I'm going to regret that wasted 22 minutes a day (not really, I FF through enough of this show to make it about 10 -15 minutes, but hey!)

Archived