B&B: Week of January 26, 2009

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steffy actually got some of her brains back.

I like that Brooke is supportive of Nick and Katie, and I hope it stays that way.

This whole Rick thing...honestly...it IS usually the first born son that inherits the family business or whatever it may be. I hate defending Ridge, but Rick is the 3rd in line. Rick is what, half of Ridge's age? (Or nearly?) Why is he so mad about it? He hasn't had the experience and hasn't put in the effort. Why is he so entitled? Even if you say Ridge is Massimo's son, there's still Thorne, who has earned a lot more than Rick, IMO.

• Members

Rick is -- what -- 11?

I do not know why they decided to trash that character so badly. I was enjoying the turn to fashion and espionage, but I already find it tedious. Gosh darn, nothing replaces Sally the Spitfire. I'm back to feeling hopeless about this show :)

• Members

How pathetic is Eric? Rick tells him he's the one who betrayed him and when it finally sinks in, he ends his stupor by saying he'll never be like Ridge. Huh? And let me guess, Thorne will finally be promoted until he's forced to return to the basment once he forgives Rick. I thought JMc was horrible in those scenes. When he shoved the items off his desk at the end of his little temper tantrum it made me giggle. I actually felt sorry for Rick. The confrontation was a let down. I can't wait till Stephanie finds out.

• Members

MarkH, I didn't lose hope until I read the upcoming spoilers... <sigh>

Rick's whining about no one respecting him is making my ears bleed. Get over it, you pampered frat boy. He's really leaving FC so that he can slop kisses with Steffy and hiding behind not being respected.

Geez, how does he think his mother survived? She worked hard and earned the Forrester respect (as a CEO).

• Members

Bold and Beautiful has been doing the same story for 12 (+) years. Did they think no one would notice??

I'm nothing but not faithful. But, in this long-term marriage between B&B and me....I'm definitely feeling a need for "re-energization" in this relationship.

• Members

If Steffy has ANYTHING to do with him at this point, I'll lose my final iota of respect for her, too. And trust me...since she reached for the stars and tried to "feel" Phoebe, my respect has been minimal.

By the way, Norrth...lovely to see you here. Your blog redesign is utterly beautiful!! I just want to crawl into that picture.

• Members

Thanks, MarkH! BTW, I agree that the show is working the same storylines, indefinitely.

• Every year, someone is in an crazy pseudo-incestuous relationship.
  • Every year, Brooke and Ridge are getting married or breaking up - and some poor schmuck is being run over in the process.
  • Every year, Nick is betraying the woman he's married to/engage to/dating - the storyline doesn't change, only the woman - it's almost always a Logan woman, however.
  • Every year, Steph is bat crap crazy (and then proven only slightly bat crap crazy because she ends up being right about her target, just excessive in her approach).
  • Every year, or other year, Forrester original designs are being stolen... only this year it was an inside job and the show went high tech! Better than Jackie sneaking off with an arm full of designs while Stephanie lay bleeding on the floor (cold, writers, cold). Why can't they keep those darned things protected by now? You'd think Eric would keep them under lock and key at home.
  • Every year 'honeybear' is looking for a new hot young thing.

I'm shamefully trying to figure out why I keep watching. :P

• Members

That "B&B has been doing the same story..." is a quote from "Hitler in the Bunker". DEFINITELY worth watching. All time recommend!

Yes, I think we *all* keep wondering why we stay tuned in. It's not called "habit" for nothing. The good thing is that habit and commitment keep us tuned in...even during the drecky parts. So, loyatly keeps the show's numbers higher, as we all hope the show again becomes worth our time.

Archived