AMC: Bianca/Reese Wedding from Brides.com

• Members

LOL AMC is going all out for this farce :rolleyes:

http://www.brides.com/blog/weddedbits/index.html\

Historic Wedding on "All My Children"

We're not in Pine Valley anymore. We're in Connecticut, at the Country Chapel, to witness the marriage of Bianca Montgomery and Reese Williams. In a first for a daytime drama, two lesbian characters will be united in marriage on "All My Children". But they had to do go to Connecticut, metaphorically, to do it. So the NYC sound stage was transformed for the day into a country wedding setting.

Brides.com went on set to watch the taping of the episode, which is scheduled to air on Feb. 16., to learn all the ceremony details. It's a winter wedding, so the floral decorations flanking the aisle were huge, standing cascades of white silk flowers. The brides carried identical red bouquets. Frosty snow flecked the chapel windows. Bianca's daughter was a flower girl dressed in a red velvet Lucy Sykes outfit.

Bianca, played by the actress Eden Riegel (Left), is famously the daughter of Erica Kane (the daytime drama legend, Susan Lucci) on the show. She described the ceremony style as elegant and classic. "It's very much grounded in tradition," says Riegel.

The marriage seemed a next logical step in the storyline of the lesbian characters. "It's a moment we both really believe in," she says.

The brides worked hard to have their wedding dresses compliment each other. Both had a long, lean, Grecian flowy feeling. Bianca wore a one shoulder Monique Lhullier gown flecked with gold beading. "It feels very of-the-moment," she says of the sari flourish and the gold accents. She also wore gold Aldo shoes. Gold was indeed a top trend in many collections at the most recent bridal fashion week.

Reese, played by actress Tamara Braun (Seated Left), wore a fit to flair Andrew Gn gown with center beading applique, with off white shoes. "Reese is an architect by profession," says Braun. "The dress is very structured so it fits her style perfectly."

In real life, actress Eden Riegel got married a little more than a year ago and found her own wedding dress from a private designer in Toronto. Her advice to brides how to have a wonderful wedding? "I held my husband's hand during the ceremony and it really reminded us of why we were doing this," she says.

Braun, on the other hand says, "I've never been a bride in real life, only in make-believe. But choose a gown that's a reflection of you."

And our fictional couple--Bianca and Reese? Will they live happily ever after the "I do's?" This being a daytime drama there might be a few surprises before the honeymoon. —Michelle Preli

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I am entitled to feel how I feel, without it constantly being questioned. Sorry but I'm sick of [!@#$%^&*] like this.

Yes I would feel the same way, if the show were writing it as contrived as they are Reeks. Reese tells Zach she has feelings for him, and her mother makes her wonder if she's bisexual, then barely a week or so later she's marrying Bianca. Making Bianca seem like a second choice.

Tell me how that's NOT contrived :mellow:

• Members

I agree. Are we supposed to be happy about this marriage? I would be fine with Bianca marrying it it were to someone I knew truly loved her and wanted her first and foremost. But this entire storyline has been about putting Reese's love for her and sexual orientation into doubt. Its sick that daytime first same-sex wedding is practically a sham.

• Members

Why are they "up in arms"? After the farce that was Bianca/Zarf, they should have known that ABC/AMC has no real investment in Bianca as a lesbian other than for titillation.

After years of wanting Bianca in a real romance, I am finally ready to see her get her heartbroken. Why? Because maybe Reese moving into Zach's orbit and even hooking up with someone will create a new coupling that will dominate this show for awhile, take up all the airtime, and ruin the monster that is Zendall.

Zeese ALL THE WAY! Pratt has nothing to lose with this pairing anyway. Either write Thorsten and Alicia out to please their fans or piss 'em the hell off by breaking them up and making Pratt's Pet move in on Kendall's territory with Zach.

• Members

I don't think TB is sticking around for more than a few months more. Supposedly she only came on to AMC for this "groundbreaking" storyline and I don't think it has turned out the way she expected. She has had a good career outside of soaps so I don't think she will be desperate to stick around. I don't think Zeese is happening. At least not in the longterm.

• Members

I really hope TB sticks around, at the very least long enough to be added to the opening (although that is purely for selfish purposes so I can use the shot in the opening for H&S)...plus AMC could use some likeable female characters; might as well use that budget they're saving when princess Greenlee leaves to keep Tams around.

• Members

ZendallFan, why call the wedding of Bianca & Reese a farce?!! It's not a farce. They are 2 women who love each other and want to commit to each other. I love Bianca and Reese and am glad they're not going the route of having Reese and Zach have an affair and yet another woman leave Bianca for a man.

Archived