AMC: Wednesday, January 21st, 2008

• Members

Oh I didn't think it was the time to talk about their relationship either. I wanted them to talk about REAL stuff like Josh being dead. I wanted to hear more of Erica's anguish about her choices, reflect on missed opportunities with Josh, maybe blame herself for now "aborting" Josh AGAIN, or regretting her initial decision to abort, because it robbed her of all the years she could have had with her son. I wanted to HEAR all the things that were floating around in her head, but all we got was missed connections between Erica and Jack and it WASN'T the time for that.

When Erica said "You think this is a GAME?!" I wanted her to follow it with "My son is DEAD and I'm the one who let that happen! This is not about you, Jack!" And I wanted her to go into the stuff I just mentioned. But all the scenes we got with Erica today, and I still don't know what she's really feeling about all this. I can tell she's anguished and a lot is going on in her head, but this is the first REAL thing Erica's had to face in a long while, let's see the human emotions again, not just the hair toss and the "I'm Erica Kane! I can handle anything! This can be a subject to discuss on New Beginnings!" Let's break Erica down a little bit, somehow, at least in the privacy of her room, just with Jack, let something show through.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA and Pratt's been decent to the character of Angie. I hope he does a bit more for Jesse who has essentially turned into Derek Frye 2.0.

I don't know who he reminded me of more: Ned the Wino from Good Times or Otis from The Andy Griffith Show

And BOO-YAH for the Reggie mention!

• Members
Considering she is waking up and a LOT of things have happened while she was in a coma, I would think they would talk about her. I mean, they were going to have to deal with the fall out of all the things that went on in her family while she was half-dead.

Did people really think this was not going to be touched on, since Pratt spent all this time setting it up?

• Members

They almost have to involve Kendall now. I was tired of her but after all the weeks of Zach/Reese hugging and confiding and making Bianca a plot device, I'm not sorry to see her back in the spotlight.

AMC doesn't have an easy job with how to write reactions to Josh's death. If they make the characters too emotional about him, then viewers may be more upset with the way he was killed off, and since they still see Zach as a leading man, they may not want to build up *too* much anger among fans. They could also be trying to show us no one cared enough about Josh to truly be upset now that he's gone.

• Members

There is a big difference in dealing with the things that happened - than all that went on today.

Bianca's brother just died. Not even seeing her with any remorse or sadness about that was too much. It was all about Kendall and the great love of her and Zach. It was more pimping than it was dealing with things.

I want to see them deal with things, but what Greenlee and Bianca were doing today esp. Greenlee was all for the Zendell fans - building up this great love. And even almost treading on what Zach did being a romantic thing. And that was not right.

• Members

But the first part of their conversation was - just before she threw him out. She even put it in his court by making him think about if he had to choose between Lily and Reggie. I thought she put it back on him good that it wasn't about him and he didn't have any idea about waht she was going through.

I thought it was very heartfelt from her. I really liked it. It was one of the best scenes between Willey and Lucci in a long time.

• Members

I could be wrong, but I think the point is that she isn't ready nor does she want to deal with what Josh's death means to her. I think she feels guilty that she didn't see that Josh was in the state he was in, that he would actually hurt someone. I think she is having a very difficult time justifying that she had to let him go without doing something or having the time to see if there was something else that could be done for him. She was forced to make a horrific choice and though she did it, she can't accept that she had to yet. That's the way I interpreted her emotions. I also have a very sinking feeling that Jack will very soon know exactly what she is feeling as far as losing a child. I hate that this may be the bond that draws them back together but Pratt loves to kill people off and I fear that's the way this is going. :(

• Members

The Erica/Jack scenes were great.

Loved fiesty Angie, but she should have known not to show her full hand to David just yet...she had to know the means for getting those pills would come out.

Everything else ---- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Members

Erica and jack round 5,000 was really tiring, leave it to jack to bring up there nowhere relationship when ericas son just died and Kendall is fighting for her life. I wouldn't of minded the scene if they just reflected on what was happening now instead of jackass trying to berate her into deciding where they stand.

• Members

Erica and jack round 5,000 was really tiring, leave it to jack to bring up there nowhere relationship when ericas son just died and Kendall is fighting for her life. I wouldn't of minded the scene if they just reflected on what was happening now instead of jackass trying to berate her into deciding where they stand. David was great with erica today.

• Members

I have never really been a fan, but I truly truly hate Zack now (see me repeating myself like Rebecca Taylor? :P )

I really liked Lucci's work today. I thought it was the right tone considering the relationship she had with Josh. I also appreciated her scenes with Willey. Per usual, though, they went on a little too long. If he would've never come back to the suite with the godawful wallpaper, the scenes would've been perfection. But it's like they had to fill the rest of the hour by spinning their wheels some more.

Pratt's been giving his version of AMC for almost six months now. I love the balance he's given back to the show, and I like many of the CONCEPTS behind his stories. I just don't think I care for the slapped-together rushed pace at which they are conducted. It's shallow and manipulative. I think he is a slight improvement over the dull B&E (Save J&A, whom Pratt hasn't quite "got" as well as they did), but he dreads dangerously close to McT territory for me. The dark, misogynistic tones are still there. For a medium built on women for women, there is a lot of disrespect seemingly. Is this why people turn out in droves? Where is Corporate Erica? Where is self-assured Amanda or Kendall? The only woman to respect on this show is Angie, who was smoking today when she told David someone needed to stop his butt. :lol:

Archived