AMC: Wednesday, January 21st, 2008

• Members

I hardly ever post, but wanted to give a response to the last couple of days. I am a Zach fan, a Kendall fan, and a Zendall fan, I am also a long time soap fan.

I totally respect everyone opinions, but wanted to speak up for Zendall fans.

I thought Monday's show went much to fast, the episode should have been at least three episodes. I have always seen Zach as a very tortured soul, with very dark places inside him, that Kendall and the boys bring light to. He has always been honest with Kendall about the fact that there is "nothing" he wouldn't do for his family. As a fan, I could actually see Zach trying to save his wife, very single mindedly. His total focus was that Kendall was dying and needed a heart, that totally consumed him. Yes he came across as very cold and calculated, but I actually thought it an interesting choice made by Thorsten. For the last few years the only s/l he has had is the angst for Zendall, it opens an avenue to explore a man who could reach the point of desperation to have his wife live to intentionally kill. I actually wanted to see a scene where Zach showed sorrow for the man he once considered a brother, and I do believe somewhere he does feel that sorrow, but I also truly believe TPTB want to just erase Josh from the pages of the AMC book.

I think it would make a better story for David to be the father of Amanda's baby. I'm tired of the Jack/Erica merry go round, either put them together and have them work on their relationship, or cut the ties. I don't like that they are writing everyone, even Tad, to believe he and Krystal had a great marriage, and were in love. It was a marriage of convenience and friendship for the beginning. I feel they are making David to dark, they are turing Jake into a jerk, and Angie is smarter than they are writing her. She has been around Jessie long enough to know the evidence she found was in-admissable in a court of law. I don't like the character of Ryan, because I feel the majority of the writing is always trying to make him look the best, at the expense of the other characters on the canvas, JMO. I really think that Reese and Bianca would have been a good story, without the Zach is the daddy, and is Reese Bi confusion.

The show is moving to fast, I like that they are trying to balance stories across the cast, but you never seem to have time to really invest in any of the scenes, before going to the next.

I do understand and respect that most of the posters here don't like Zendall, for me as a romance nut, they just touch something in me and I can't get enough. I just wish they could get better s/l's, not necessarily quantity but quality, and I know that is what rest of you want as well. Quality story telling for the entire canvas, not just a select few.

Once again, just my view of things, not wanting to start a debate.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know that is your opinion and I respect that but I think we were watching two different characters. I liked RJ but I didn't see in him all that you do. I don't see RJ as anymore than in the same mode as David Hayward. They are characters that I love to hate and they make or made my stories more interesting and provided a balance. He loved his daughter and all just like David does but they often go way too far.

I never once saw RJ pay for anything in a criminal way the whole time he was on. He did get beat up by Bo but he never paid legally at all. He always blackmailed or somehow got out of it - the same way that Asa always did.

I don't know how many letters I have written OLTL over the years wanting them to make something stick on the two and make them finally pay for the crimes they did. It never happened.

I loved RJ but I never saw him as any more important than any other OLTL character.

Archived