Days: John & Marlena Spoilers from TV Guide

• Members

John will get his memory back, but he's paralyzed from the waist down.

More good news: He'll wed his ravishing soulmate Marlena in a beside ceremony and will then be taken to Europe for medical treatment.

The bad news: This is how Days is writing out Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall, who have both been fired. Their last airdate is January 23.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's what I think:

Six months down the road, when the ratings have tanked, and Ken Corday is in a panic (again), he'll call up Dee and Drake and try coaxing the two into coming back. Dee won't budge, b/c her feelings were hurt; but Drake, grateful for any gig, will acquiesce (sp?). And John will return to Salem with the news that "Doc" has disappeared/died, and we will wonder whether Stefano is behind it.

• Members

i just hope they get an entire episode melanie/chloe/max/phillip/nicole/ej free like the one Vivian got when she left....but this sounds rushed like when Carrie and Austin left...remember oh you love me i love you lets get married and leave town all in 55 min.

Guest dc cubs

I'm not a big John and Marlena fan but this is very weak sendoff for a couple that has been on the show for 20 years or so. Dee and Drake deserved a lot more than this from Ken Corday.

• Members

Marlena: Hello friends! We're so happy here in EUROPE! John and I miss you so! Oooh, I have good news, all! John made his first bowel movement under his own power since the accident! Hallelujah! Anyhoo, greetings from EUROPE!

• Members

Well, it's a can't win situation. They had to come up with SOME compelling reason for them to leave town in the midst of everything going on with their various children. I suppose this is as good an excuse as any.

Personally, I like it better than "Oh, Sami, sorry you're about to give birth in witness protection, Mommy's got to go on her honeymoon!"

Archived