ATWT: Week of January 12, 2009

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A big UGH! to this thread. I understand the whole debate but come on. Is there a freaking gay couple having sex on B&B? DAYS? GH? GL? OLTL? Y&R? Was there ever one on Search for Tomorrow or Loving or Santa Barbara or Another World or Generations or Love of Life or Somerset or Texas or Capitol or The City or Edge of Night or Ryan's Hope? A big HELL to the FREAKING no! So we didn't get to watch them lube up and go at it like dogs in heat- DUH! Ever since Nipple-gate, that sort of envelope pushing went the way of big budget location shoots (not to be confused with the cheapos we get now). It is what it freaking is. Could it have been better? Sure, I think so. But it also could have been a hell of a lot worse.

As for today's show, it was so-so. I kind of like NuJade. At least she has some presence and gives some depth to the role, something Elena Goode never did. And it's nice that they're using Margo in cop-mode more than Jack, which is a welcome change from the way things were not too long ago. Larry Lau was freaking amazing today, and La Hubbard was on the mark as always. It always amazes me what LaLiz does with whatever little she's given. It wasn't bad. Hell, it was pretty damn good. Actually, having started getting back into ATWT, I don't think it's nearly as bad as some "fans" make it out to be.

• Members

Even Hubbard couldn't save the Nuke/Brian crappola. I continue to be completely stunned by the way TIIC make everyone who comes in contact with Nuke just varying degrees of psychotically needy.

Forget redecorating....Carly needs to sink that 200 g's into a better security system for Metro. How many people have snuck into Metro to have a meet? It's like every Criminal's Treehouse or something. It seems like every three months someone is pulling a gun in that place.

TODAY STUNK.

But I kind of like Ali's new haircut.

• Members

I love your posts and honesty! B)

I just hated Ali's new haircut...LOL. I thought she got the Barbara Ryan Original haircut...LOL.

Seriously, the Nuke stuff was non issue today. I was more interested in the Brian character and Lucinda. Mumbles and Van were just a side show for me.

• Members

My issue isn't with how much (or how little) we saw of the act (b/c, quite frankly, there are times when I don't want to watch even a straight couple having sex, lol!) but with how...underwhelming it all was. The whole point of Nuke having sex, I thought, was not so much the historical significance of the event, but the feelings of catharsis and release that it was supposed to elicit from the fans. Well, the earth might've moved yesterday for Noah and Luke, but it certainly didn't move for me!

Meanwhile, I take umbrage with Casiello (or any blogger, for that matter) for quoting LL Cool J in his blog, especially considering the subject of the piece. Way to keep it classy, Tom! :rolleyes:

• Members

I cringed as Nuke spouted some of the cheesiest dialogue this side of a Harlequin romance. Hip-hip-hooray for equality. *sarcasm off* Maybe they can start having coffee clatches with Janet, and sit around discussing their sex life with whoever pops into the room.

Ali's haircut is Carly, circa 2003/04. I think her hair is way too dark though.

Y'know...they could have made those Brian/Lucinda scenes really powerful. But c'mon...the GREAT Lucinda Walsh can't think of anything more vindictive than shredding Brian's "personal papers" into a garbage can and handing it to him? REALLY???? The more Brian has hung around Luke...the whinier he became.

• Members

Sweetie...no one's whinier than Luke.

UGH...I'm sick of As Johnny's World Turns. I hate Craig...Katie's a moron...neither Thugsy or Craig is parent material...I hate that Carly's being played like a violin by Craig...and I hate that Margo actually made sense today. (well, I hate agreeing with her---I've considered her a smug little hypocrite for years...)

Archived