The Real World

JackPeyton

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't watched RW for that long either. I think I started around Hawaii. New Orleans and Chicago were my favorites. Didn't really watch Sydney or Hollywood too much. Anyway, about this one...

I don't understand Chet, or I guess the fact that you can be so metrosexual and so conservative.

Even though Ryan is supposed to be more than the ignorant small-town boy, that's what he seems like so far. He'll probably be one of the "stars" of the show. There's always one or two people that grow the most and that the show is obviously centered around.

Don't know enough about Scott, Baya, and Deyvn. I can see Baya and Devyn fading into the background with people like Katelynn, JD, and Chet on the cast. There's nothing really that stands out about them, yet anyway. And I can't even remember the girl with that tattoo's name, lol.

• Members

Man I hate Ryan. I was laughing when the drag queen kissed him. Chet needs to slow down bc he's working a fine line between annoying me as well. He's coming across way too cocky too soon.

They might as well have had only 6 roommates instead of 8 bc Devyn and Scott were pretty much non-existant. A shame bc they have potential to be among my favorites

Baya is boring. I like that she's not the typical party girl looking to sleep around but I dont have much interest in her

• Members

I think that we'll see more of them next week (and not just in regards to the crush stuff). Katelynn was in a supporting role this week after being a major part of last week's show, and Ryan was put into the background this week too (his only "moment" was the whole drag queen thing). Baya was put into a leading role after she sat in the background last week. So I think that maybe we'll have Chet and/or JD not featured as heavily next week?

Baya's storyline was okay, a little dull, but good. The dance school guy was VERY intimidating and pretty assy. I'm glad she turned them down. Chet was more likeable, IMO, this week, especially with his family around, but it was so not his place to tell them that JD is gay. Ryan was fun this week, and I loved him. JD was good up until he gets into the drunken rant about the immigrants. Whatever, dumbass. That immigrant probably spoke English. She just didn't speak Drunk-Ignorant English. She couldn't understand him because he was wasted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This is my first season back to this show since New Orleans, which goes back a few years...

I can't stand all kinds of Chet. I feel like he is so sheltered, close-minded, ignorant. He has moments where he's surprisingly accepting, but I feel he accepts to their face and judges behind their backs, or internally.

JD impressed me early on with sensitivity to Katelynn, but obviously liquor isn't his friend. If he has so little control over what he does and says when he's wasted, he needs to lay off the sauce because it diminishes his credibility.

Ryan is a jackass. He is all about pranks, but he can't take them? Completely hypocritical. I understand he has issues from the war, but he needs to really look at them and work through them, and not hide behind his music, which is what I think he's doing. He makes me nervous.

Devyn was doing fine with me until the last episode when she was judging Scott for bringing home two different girls. I thought we already cleared up that he wasn't that into you, and you're believing he's trying to make you jealous NOW? Just because he's single doesn't mean he's going to jump into something with you, especially now that you've showed your face like this, lashing out at him for living his life however he wants.

Don't really have an opinion on Scott, but thought that "Guide to Scott's Dating" was funny as hell because the whole bringing girls home and showing them portfolio pics of himself, printed ones, AND on the computer... comes across as a little self-absorbed. Not sure if he is, but it sends that message. But that could also be in the editing because we really didn't hear him talk to either of those girls about anything.

Baya doesn't really affect me one way or the other. I think she's just disposeable so far. She reminds me a lot of my aspiring dancer friend from the midwest, especially getting into the dance troupe and then turning it down because of the militant environment.

Sarah's my favorite. She's SO accepting, easy-going, understanding, considerate... No drama, LOVE HER. Really felt for her about the father stuff too.

Katelynn I think still needs to find herself. Still facing a lot of insecurities about her life and choices. Needs to love herself a little more.

• Members

So far I like Scott, he's kinda like me . He seems to be on a totally different level than the others.

J.D has a dark side to him behind those pretty eye brows is someone very ugly and who needs help.

Chet and Ryan are too narrow minded and immature for me....sorry !

Devyn needs to get over herself and realize that the world does not revolve around her.

Katelynn just needs some love and a REAL friend she hasn't found that yet ...IMO

Baya is boring

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I really hate JD and cant stand Chet.

Poor Ryan. I feel for him. HGe reminds me so much of my brother. I hope the best for him and everyone in the war. May they all make it home safe.

The finale is tonight.

oh, and MTV has picked up the show for another for seasons-

Archived