The Real World

JackPeyton

• Members

my thoughts on episode 1-

"you have a better chance of getting into heaven than getting into devyn" OMG! i almost died LMFAO!

Baya kind of annoys me. Chet is LOVE! Sarah is intersting. Oh hi JD! He should come meet me...

Oh Sarah is really intersting. So this guy shes dating is her first real boyfriend as she use to date girls? And JD is gay? And Katelynn is transgender?! OMFG! This is The Real World! Scott seems like an ass/douchbag... but i can sdee him changing by the end. and Ryan... ohh.. he would be my weakness if i was in this house.

i love that there are eight people.

and oh yeah baya annoys the hell outa me.

i hope ryan & chet have a bromance!

they are really shocked about a fivesome? maybe im a bigger whore than i thought....

oh [!@#$%^&*], im so haooy this is an hour long!

id like to sasy id be ok and have no issue with katelynn, but ive never met anyone like her. so i dont know how i would react. i assume id be ok with it, but id also be very curious about it. i kinda see ryans POV on it all. and im glad he hasnt told anyone hes from the army, because people tend to always treat them diff. idk how long hes been out of it, but i know for the longest time when my bro came home from iraq he wouldnt tell people because he didnt want to talk about it.

oh man ryan has so many issues. hes jus keeping them all inside and not dealing with them. this cant go well. esp with his drinking. awww.. i just want to hug him.

Ryan actually seems to be the most tolerable of LGBT... He just seems like the kind of guy who wants to know the truth about people. Chet on the other hand? ehh..... I dont like JD pushing Katelynn to tell him tho. i get that it was a good thing, but he seems like one of those iw anna be there and save everyone people and they annoy me because they often throw themselves into others lives so they dont have to deal with there own life.

damn, this season is EPIC! way to go MTV, its about time yall rememberd what the real world should be!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BEST RW in a long time. These people actually seemed real and less superficial than other recent casts. I can see myself watching this every week. So far my favorites are Scott, JD, Sarah and Devyn. Not to sure about the rest except that one thing is for sure....Cant stand Ryan. He's the only one working my nerve

He didnt push her to tell him anything. All JD did was share his own experience which allowed her to open up about her own. She needed that. She was already wondering if people knew and she was being talked about behind her back. JD did a great thing in letting her know that she wasnt alone and that she'd always have an ally in him. Their moment in the car was a very touching one and probably will go down as one of the most emotional moments in RW history. Its not like he flat out asked her about her sexuality like Ryan did to him.

• Members

Yeah, this season looks a hell of a lot more interesting than the last few.

Ryan is hot, I don't care how much of ignorant person he looks like right now. LOL!

I LOVE the house, though it kind of reminds me of the Seattle season's house, you know, the loft by the water concept.

These set of people seem a lot more human than what we've seen on this show in over a decade...

• Members

this season looks super.

ryan is a hottie, but i really am looking forward to seing his layers and the depth to him. i hope he lets it show.

and yeah seattle was the first thing i thought of with the house too. i guess they tried to get it somewhere else but plans fell through and they ended up with this.

they do seem like humas, not just a bunch of drunks who just wanna hookup.

and i guess they will have no group job this season. great news. they are all gonna be free to do as they please.

• Members

i loved it up until New Orleans, but that was strictly going on my first gay crush Danny :wub: (oh, and melissa)

the last good seasonw as Hawaii... but that was strictly drunk ruthie and colin/amya drama.

i loved seattle, boston, miami, la, ny1, san fran1.

and i did enjoy chicago and austin. but they were not great.

however i do think this season is getting back to basics. many of them seem to be relationships they want to keep, and the single ones dont seem like lets get drunk and slep around and fight! and thats what this show has been reduced to. i really like the mix of people too. i cant wait to see whats next.

• Members

Ugh, you guys make me feel sucky. I started watching with...*sigh*...Paris. Stop laughing. I watched all seasons from Paris to Denver, and the only ones I enjoyed were Paris, Denver, and Key West. San Diego, I didn't like most of the people there (loved Frankie though! RIP, girl!), Philadelphia was dreadfully boring, and Austin was full of assholes (though I liked Lacey and Nehemiah). I saw Las Vegas too, but that was when they did an all-day marathon of it about a year ago or so. The rest of the seasons, all I've seen is clips, and you can't find any full episodes on YouTube.

But anyway, I'm liking this season a good bit. I'd go more into it, but I already spent some time this morning analyzing my feelings about everybody on another board and I don't feel like going into it again lol

Oh, I will say this: Chet is gay. Come on. When he said that Scott was cute? That was NOT a joke! After he said it, you could see in his eyes that he was waiting to see Ryan's reaction, and once it registered that Ryan was like "okay...." he quickly played it off as a joke.

• Members

I really dont think he is. I dont think he is gay at all actually, i just think he does his own thing and doesnt care what others think of him. And i like that about him - however thats where what i like about him stops...

The reason i think i really like Ryan so much is because yes he is an ass, and yes he is closed minded - however I think he is willing to learn new things and change and ambrace thigns as he is exposed to them.

Also, JD has sooo many anger issues id hate to be around him.

i didnt get much of a view on Scott.

and AMS - you MUST post all your thoughts here or at sos! id love to know everything you think! copy & paste buddy! its your friend!!

• Members

LOL Well I joined TWOP a couple of weeks ago because I'd been itching to get in on the 90210 conversations there, but then I started branching out to other threads. Here's some of what I posted there. When I first posted, it was this morning, and I'd only seen the second half of the first episode, but then I watched the whole thing when they re-aired this afternoon.

As far as Ryan's military service is concerned, something really stood out for me. He, Sarah, and Chet were inside and Sarah and Chet were praising him for his military service, and Chet was saying that he went and fought in Iraq for them and everything, but Ryan was just all "Yeah, yeah, sure, thanks" and he just walked away, but was still somewhat polite about it. Add to that how his little Iraq song was about how he hated being there. It really makes me wonder if he regrets his decision to enlist, and what that's done to him. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't too big on supporting the war.

With the stuff with Katelynn, I think that I would definitely fall into the "uncomfortable" category. Not because I don't understand it, though. I think that I get the whole concept of being trapped in the wrong body. My discomfort would come out of me not wanting to do or say something wrong around her. I wouldn't want to offend her in any way, and so that would make it harder for me to be around her until I've gotten to know her and her personality. It'd actually be the same way with Ryan and his military service. I wouldn't want to say something stupid that would offend him and his service. I wouldn't want to offend Chet's Mormon faith, and so on. But after I'd get to know them all, I can see that what they're okay with, and then I can think "Well, it's okay to say this about transgenders, or this about the war, or this about religion, etc." I most closely identify as bisexual (though I hate orientation labels -- really, really hate them), but I have a few lesbian friends, and even though I can understand their sexuality completely, I still didn't know where they were at with it. And so it took me a while to be able to freely talk about it with them. I met this girl in university, a friend of a friend, and she was a lesbian, and so that first time, I was completely on edge and whenever the subject of her sexuality came up, I just sat and listened to them talk or went somewhere else or whatever. I didn't want to say something and then have her get upset. After time, you just get to a point where you know what you can and can't say around a person about those things, and it gets better. I think the Aftershow showed that with Ryan and Katelynn when he made the "We're dating now" crack. He would have never, ever, ever said something like that when they first moved into the house.

~~~~~~

And then someone else said something, and I replied to that:

Exactly. And the thing is, if she didn't plan to talk about it (and I still haven't seen the first half yet, so I don't know how she went into it), she should have realized that no matter what, whether the people accepted her or didn't, they were going to be curious and were going to ask questions. And see, that's where my discomfort would have come from. I'd look at her, after learning that she's transgender, and think something like "Well, I can see it in the eyes" or something. And so I'm thinking..."Can I tell her that? Would it make her mad if I told her that, or would she just laugh about it? I think that having her adds lots of internal tension for each of the roommates, and I think that if she opened up to them all at once, it would relieve a lot of that and make living in the house much easier for everyone. But of course, she'd have to be really, really brave to just spill her guts, so I don't blame her for not doing that.

~~~~~~

I guess I really didn't post thoughts on all the characters, but really, we saw Ryan, Chet, Katelynn, and JD the most. The others were almost just supporting roles. We had to see Ryan's reaction to *everything*. "Chet is gay. Scott looks like me, but he's smaller. Katelynn, something's different about her. The sky is blue. There's the Statue of Liberty. Grass is green. Not a lot of grass in Brooklyn. We're in New York. In America. On the Earth. Milky Way galaxy." I wanted to see the others too.

A lotta people are against Ryan now and I understand why, but on the other hand, after seeing the Aftershow, you can tell that he learned a lot and got to a level of understanding with Katelynn over the course of taping. That's what I wanted from him once I heard the "it" comment that he made. That one comment painted him as this horrible person, but I was invested in a lot of the other stuff around him in the episode, like him talking to Sarah about the war and his hoYay moment with Chet (he sang a song to him, how ADORABLE was that scene?). I feel that there are probably a lot of generally liked former cast mates who would have reacted the same as he did or maybe worse if they had been presented with that situation.

• Members

I didnt care for season 3. With the exception of Puck (who was annoying as hell), Rachel and Pedro, it had a very boring cast. The rest of the other 5 did nothing and werent all that interesting. Too bad MTV cast even more boring people the next season in London

Archived