2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Y&R is the best hands down no competion make's the rest look like amature hour. although B&B does show sometimes signs of actually being a good show but Y&R is just as good as any prime time show and can you say that about any other soap? don't think so

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know - I'd kinda be flattered if someone compared me to a muppet. LOL!

(Because we're not off-topic enough)

Geez, will somebody out there just hire or fire somebody already? Save us from taking potshots at each other in the Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Apr 20 2009, 01:10 AM)
I've been without a computer for a while, but I was wondering...how was Martha Byrne's B&B script? Good, mediocre, average, great? Any thoughts? I haven't watched that show in so long.

Honestly, from what I saw onscreen, it was above-average. I mean, they didn't give her anything earth shattering to write the hell out of, but it seems like new wrtiers on B&B get that kind of treatment.

• Members

Dear Lord... :rolleyes: What kind of a fuss you made about "drama" is unbelievable... :rolleyes: It's not like it hasn't happened before (and in this very thread) and it wasn't nasty, rude and uncivilised. Sarcastic — yes, but I don't think it was disrespectful. MarkH and I have these sort of discussions all the time.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Apr 20 2009, 02:10 AM)
I've been without a computer for a while, but I was wondering...how was Martha Byrne's B&B script? Good, mediocre, average, great? Any thoughts? I haven't watched that show in so long.

From what I remember, it was good enough. She was unfortunate enough to have to script an outrageously obvious macy's.com pimping scene (even worse, it was with Steffy and Rick!) but I think she had a good handle on the dialogue.

• Members

What's to handle?

Ridge: You've already taken one daughter from me, Rick! I won't let you take another!

Rick: Why can't you just accept that what Steffy and I have is real, Ridge?

Ridge: Because, Rick, you're too consumed with wanting revenge against me to know what love really is!

...And, repeat.

• Members

When it comes to B&B, I've just learnt to realize that this show just attracts bad dialogue, there's something in the water at the show that just won't let it break free from it.

My dear Patrick Mulcahey is wasted there, but I'm sure he'd hate writing for most of the other soaps anyway.

• Administrator

I dreamt this last night:

I was watching B&B and the dialogue was amazing so I was like, "This HAS to be Patrick Mulcahey's script....it has to be!"

And I was watching AMC and I saw "Rebecca Rand Kirshner Sinclair" credited as the script writer and I was like, "WHAT!!! No way!! What the hell?"

Anyone else ever have dreams about watching the credits? This wasn't my first time. :lol:

• Members

That's hilarious! I had a dream AMC debuted a new opening a few years back. It was basically the same as the one we have now, only it was entirely floating live action pictures, and the dun dun dun fit perfectly ;)

Soaps on the brain day and night apparently.

Archived