DAYS: Week of December 22nd

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah, it looks like we're headed back to Max/Chelsea. <_<

Great line by Victor.

Can we please get rid of Dr. Dan???? He's been such a horrible character since he started. His pairing with Chelsea was a bust. Then he sleeps with Kate while dating Chelsea, which didn't even make sense due to bad writing. Now he's cheating on Kate, who has cancer, with Chloe???? You can't write Chloe/Dan with all the longing, and fantasies.....they shouldn't be at that stage. There's no reason for us to want them to be together. The longing and fantasies should be reserved for couples shared a past together, not a new couple who only had a few scenes together. The structure of this storyline is all wrong. Jdawg, what do you think about the structure of this storyline?

• Members

I agree 100%. This storyline just isn't any good. There's nothing organic or natural to it, unlike the Nicole/Sami/EJ story. Dr. Dan is coming across as so sleazy, which I guess is okay, but his character is too erratic in its direction (hero one day, sleaze the next; make up your mind, writers).

It seems like the set-up is to have a big reveal of a son and his mother finding out that their respective mates are cheating on each other *with* each other. But it's just contrived. It's as if someone at the writer's table said "Wouldn't it be cool if Lucas and Kate found out that their partners were sleeping together?" At which point, someone *should* have said "Sure, it's a cool concept, but it needs to be done in a way that makes sense". But no one spoke up. And now we have a story thrown on the screen that doesn't make any sense at all, emotionally or structurally. Dan and Chloe have no history. No interaction until recently. Just an uber-creepy groping/examination scene which I'm expected to believe would lead to an attraction between the two. And there isn't much of an emotional investment in Kate/Dan or Lucas/Chloe. They are two relatively new pairings from 2008 that don't have much of a fanbase. And I'm expected to care? The only angle that they are properly playing up is Kate's warming to Chloe, but that's like putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound. The story needs so much more than that. I do like the idea of Kate being able to realize what Chelsea went through once she finds out, but that's merely a sub-plot at this point.

But yeah, for me, the story is a mess. I'm sure it will play out well technically when the big reveal happens (maybe at Lucas/Chloe's wedding). The writing of those scenes will be fine, the acting will be fine, etc. But once it's over, we'll forget about it and say "ok, now what?", because we just don't care. Within the big picture, it's nothing but empty calories...

• Administrator

I call him Dr. McCreepy - he's just done so many creepy things. LOL What makes him a bad character is that he doesn't know that he's a creep or sleaze. Now if he did know it and had more of a bad boy edge, he could be a fun character to watch. I can't root for him as the good guy and I can't root for him as a bad guy, and I can't root for him as a gray character. So when he doesn't fall into that catergory, he's just not enjoyable to watch.

Exactly. It does seem like they're just setting this up to have a reveal, but like you suggested, what's the point? Should I be rooting for this reveal to happen? Why? I don't even care about Lucas/Chloe relationship, nor do I care for Kate/Dan's relationship, and I don't care about Dan/Chloe. I just don't see the story here.

I'm so tired of seeing that "uber-creepy groping/examination scene" in every episode. LOL

Yup, what a mess!

Okay, so what's up with Bo being a psychic now? LMAO!! So Bo's next arc is going to be saving people with his psychic abilities? What? :lol: Why not just bring back Celeste. :lol:

• Members

Okay, so what's up with Bo being a psychic now? LMAO!! So Bo's next arc is going to be saving people with his psychic abilities? What? :lol: Why not just bring back Celeste. :lol:

Bo will become a "Ghost Whisperer". He will solve Salem's crimes by talking to dead people. I miss Celeste too. I wish they would bring her back.

I'm not feeling "Days" these days. It's very poorly written on all fronts. I enjoyed Lexie and Theo today and Bo, Hope and Chelsea, but that was it. I always enjoy Victor, but I'm not sure about playing Brady and Phillip against each other. I am looking forward to the Christmas shows, but will greatly miss Alice.

• Administrator

Way too Chloe centric at Horton's. <_< I also didn't like that Nicole got the last shot of today's show. <_< This totally proves that she's now the star of the show - she's the lead in A storyline and gets the last shot of the Christmas eve show.

On a show like this, when there are no cliffhangers, the show should've ended with a camera pan of everyone at the Horton's and the last shot is of a Tom/Alice picture that's or the mantle or table or wherever.

*sigh* DAYS can't even get the Christmas eve show right. :(

• Members

I have to agree with you on this. I look forward to Christmas Eve and Christmas on Days. I love the Horton tradition of hanging the ornaments. I love how they remember all of their family members. It went too quickly for me this year. The Chloe ornament happened too quickly. And then she dropped it!. Of course we all know this is the set up for the betrayel with Dr. D. (Who should have been celebrating with Victor since he's his godson or something)

I hope Christmas day is better. Maybe the show will end with the picture of Alice and Tom. Doug's speech was nice, but ending with Nicole and EJ overhearing was lame. :(

• Administrator

Nope on both accounts. The Christmas episode was about the same was the Christmas eve ep.

Nothing big happened but I'll spoiler tag it anyway.....

I was so disappointed with this episode. The Christmas eve and Christmas episodes usually write themselves and they are the two easiest episodes to write. Dena Higley cannot do anything right at all.

• Members

I'm sorry but was that necessary?

I just had to come out of lurkdom to say this. It's fine to say you felt it sucked or whatever but to suggest a show with millions of fans should be canceled based on your opinion is something I find disrespectful and just not needed.

But it was fine in 2006 when the Horton Christmas was Chelsea-centric or last year when it was Sami-centric. Or how about 2006 when the show ended on Steve/Kayla and Clay Aiken singing to them and last year with Stefano jabbing a damn needle into John. Yet, that wasn't held against those years. Fair is fair. If you criticize things like that, be consistent.

Honestly, I had a problem with it those years and this year so I agree with you. Just trying to be fair and trying to point out what I feel is a double standard.

Back to lurkdom I go.

• Administrator

Better them, who are Bradys, and who are close to the Hortons, than Chloe who has to ties to either family. So she's engaged to Lucas but really wants Daniel - yeah, not good enough.

Last year was a cliffhanger, so that's fine, like I said.

Descripttion from 2006: "The show ends with a shot of Alice and Toms ornaments and panning up to the angel, and then over to Steve and Kayla kissing as Clay finishes his song at Dune."

Yeah, I would've prefered the last shot to be of Alice and Tom's onrnaments, but Steve/Kayla are a supercouple, so I'm not super (no pun intended :P) upset with that.

Compare that to this years Nicole/EJ and Steph/Philip endings......this year just sucked major ass.

Archived