December 1-5, 2008

Toups

• Members

Wow, that is interesting! So, ratings for ALL shows, not just soaps, could collapse on February 18, 2009? Is that what this means? YIKES?

TMOTV, I live in Edmonton, and we can't get Soapnet here. Do you mind if I ask you what cable company you subscribe to that allows you to get Soapnet? Thanks! :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In fasirness to the us government, they gave any household thast appled, two coupons worth 40 dollars each towards the purchase of the converters, so must everybody will be fine. If you have cable you won't need one.

As for Canada, you guys are chasnging I think in Auguset of 2010. We are way behind the europeans and mowt of Latin america.

• Members

The whole world has to eventually switch to digital going into the next decade. The United States is one of the first countries to actually do it first. Some of the other countries will do it by regions and cities unlike the US, which is doing it nationally. Some countries have already done it in certain parts.

In Canada the switch will be made on Wednesday August 31, 2011.

If you live in Australia the switch is in 2009 for metro areas and 2013 for the regions and UK is in 2012, but the situation is different b/c they have to make the switch way before the Summer Olympic Games in 2012 since the country is the host for the games that year.

All shows will be affected on over-the-air stations, which include all 8 soaps since they air on the over-the-air networks. It is very scary b/c soaps may lose those viewers permanently.

Most of Canada can't get SoapNet right now, but hopefully Canada does. I would suggest calling your cable company and asking them if its possible to get SoapNet in the future. The problem is SoapNet has not expanded their reach outside of America just yet.

I live in Toronto and the cable company I have is Rogers at home so I go to the studio to watch TV there, but in the studio they use a special satellite dish that can receive American lineups through Detroit and from there satellite companies like Dish Network to get almost every affiliate channel in the country. That's how I'm able to watch ABC, CBS, and NBC up here.

• Members

So last week when a bunch of people were home and soaps aired on a truncated schedule, total viewers rose and then they drop when things get back to normal.

And I see OLTL is already dipping back into the 1's in the dailies. I'm surprised that the Springer crowd didn't stick around a little longer.

• Members

LOL totally NOT surprised by AMC's ratings. The continuity on the show sucks rotten eggs. The writing is bad. Also taking what was Bianca's story and giving it to Reese(in order to pimp Pratt's pet TB) doesn't seem to have drawn people in either.

Also having just about everything happening off screen is idiotic, especially when it comes to the BIG STUFF.

Plus their so called "ground breaking storyline" with Reeks, sucks like a hoover.

• Members

Thanks Toups!

Clearly the two Passions hunks are what is maintaining this steady 2.0 ratings for Days. Ever since they got on board, its been a steady 2.0. I'm one of those people who stopped watching Days months ago. No way am I leaving Y&R/B&B for Days. lol

• Members

I think it was because of the holidays. More people were around the TV with family visting and celebrating the holidays thus the rise in Total Viewers.

You really do hate AMC Zendall Fan :lol: . And this was the conclusion to Erica being stabbed by crazy Annie. I guess fans arent tuning in to crazy Annie's antics and Ryan.

• Members

Well this should make the "Tarty" (I hate all of these stupid couple names) very happy!

How sickening.

B&B is the most godawful piece of garbage on the planet (and the highest rated - on the planet) and it got a friggin 2.8 on Friday. B&B as far as the US goes, gets the ratings it gets because it follows Y&R. The B&B fans can yell it me all they want- you know its true. :rolleyes:

It also sickens me that Days beat OLTL and ATWT as well.

Y&R deserves better than a 3.6.

The scariest thing I noticed was AMC's drop daily after Tuesday 2.0, 1.9, 1.8...

If this is the best Y&R and OLTL can do right now- with shows being awesome- forget it.

And damn that B&B rating really makes me sick.

Archived