GL: December Discussion

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay so I just dont get why there is absolutely no suspense on this show...there is nothing that's really making you go 'I better watch tomorrow to see what happens next', it feels more like it's being made up as they go along. There's so much potential with Bill and Lizzie and it's totally being squandered, while the Beth/Coop affair could easily have been revealed to Buzz in a way that would have more repercussions...but that's just it, there doesnt seem to be ANY repercussions from storylines from week to week.

I liked the scenes with the Boudreaux family and I like that GL is trying to rebuild a minority family and become more diverse...the new actress playing Leah is pretty good although I still don't see why they aged her way too rapidly when they could have used Clarissa Marler instead for any of the potential storylines they have planned for her (although I dont see what stories they're going to use her in...they barely used the last girl, so why is this chick going to make a difference?)

• Members

The new Shane is good so far. ..I was worried he was going to be another sweet little soap opera femmy underwear model..but he looks like he actually likes girls..unlike the past Shane. He and GT have chemistry...(but who wouldn't with her.....) and for once Ellen Wheeler's bad boy has a reason to be a "bad boy."

Thought the shot of Dinah on the bridge was great...looked beutifull, but didnt realize it was supposed to be Germany. LOL....does anyone on that show ever think ,"hey we dont have the budget to do this, lets just have him come to recoup in an SF hospital."

Some of the writing for the scenes has improved (which I take to mean Hurst is writing them) but overall, yea, its like people are making [!@#$%^&*] up as it goes along. We need some friggen storylines.

Liked Mel's family. It was nice to see a complete family , who are not Super Duper Coopers, sitting down to dinner and eating. I dont get if they are going to use the family why they dont hook up Mel with Rick again and they can use the Bauer Kitchen and have a complete whole family in that set again. Oh, that is right, cause its the BAUER kitchen (I think Ellie was dumped by someone in her life with the last name of Bauer.) I think the Mel's dad would be pissed at Rick still and there would be tension there, etc.

• Members

Rick and Mel were never good together so putting them back together would be a waste of time and no comment on the Leah debacle that refuses to go away. :angry:

Mitch I agree that Wheeler hates the Bauers and that is why they purposely aged Leah ahead of Jude.

• Members

Everytime I see Clarissa, I wonder WTH Kevin and Jason are. I think those are the twins' names...we haven't seen them in so long, I've forgotten.

Yeah...the Bill/Lizzie story is so contrived. I know grand juries can indite in absentia...but it seems kind of cold to do it while the accused is out cold in a coma.

• Members

Me too!

30lmhs8.jpg

GT could have chem with a toaster though.

The writing and the dialogue on the show is becoming slightly better. I still hate all things Grady and Grady related. Daisy is an idiot around him, but away from him I find her to be extremely likeable, a lot more than Marina who I think is horrible and whiney beyond belief.

I don't know what the Olivia and Natalia storyline is about, nor do I care, I'm just wondering why neither of them have a love interest.

I adore the idea of Blake and Josh or just Blake in a story.

Don't like the pregnant Reva story and I'm very much over the perils of Bill and Lizzie.

I like Mel and Remy's family scenes actually, but I think its going to take me a while to warm up to Christina.

• Members

Look no farther than Oakdale lol.

I really hate how the ages of everyone are so fucked up. Dinah is with Shayne, but when the last time they met, she was in her late 20s and he was about 10. I won't even dare mention the Leah debacle. It really is insane here. We're approaching DAYS standards.

• Members

I caught parts of the show today. Wasn't impressed. I mostly watched to see how nuShayne was working out, but he wasn't on. One thing that I don't like is that EW has legacy characters returning to Springfield "pissed off". She did it with Marina. Then with Bill. Now apparently with Shayne. Can't she and the "writers" come up with something original? Ugh. Shayne has never been a bad boy. Give him an edge - fine. But he's no "bad boy".

The decline of the Bauers started with Pam Long. Don't get me wrong...I loved her GL. But she had a thing about not writing for the Bauers and outside of Curlee's team, none of the other regimes seemed to care too much about them.

One good thing I can say about the show. They have FINALLY painted Harley's house. It's about fuckin time.

• Members

Loving the Bill and Lizzie story, including Lizzie's faith in Bill, and Lizzie's conflict with Billy/Vanessa as well as with Alan/Beth.

Can't wait to see how Cyrus deals with the conflicting loyalties he is probably experiencing. Can't wait to see how Daisy deals when she finds out Grady kidnapped Lizzie.

Loved how Lillian reacted to Buzz's news about Beth -- a mix of incredulity that Beth would really be seeing someone other than Alan, and concern later with Beth. Loving Rafe and Frank's relationship, and Olivia and Natalia's.

Don't like the new Shayne. He's too mean and bitter.

Thought the outdoor locations were believable as Germany. When other shows go to other countries, they usually just stay inside and show a hotel room.

• Members

Even though GT has chem with the new Shayne, please don't hook these two up. Honestly (1.) their like family (2.) if you look at the age difference of the characters it makes you go WTF? and (3.) I hate to say this, but ever since DK took over, just about everyone has had sex or tried to seduce just about everybody in town. Seriously. Wouldn't be a problem, but most of those "hook ups" or pairings have really stunk or left me disappointed.

Most of all I still want my Dinah and Mallet. Mallet and Marina...there are no words to describe that travesty. It's a f---- you to Nancy Curlee and all those who watched the show in 90s.

• Members

For those who missed it, this was the gist of Shayne's return episode from last Monday:

Feeling guilty about kidnapping Lizzie and Bill ending up in a coma as a result, Dinah was in "Germany", which looked suspiciously like Peapack, New Jersey. But no, it was Germany. See, there was a sign in Deutsch. Ellie even popped for a German villager who speaks perfect English.

12-0114.jpg12-011.jpg

After talking to Vanessa on the phone, Dinah decided to volunteer to serve Thanksgiving dinners to wounded troops at an American base nearby, which looked suspiciously like the GL office hallway and an office with a hospital bed crammed into a corner. But hey, at least no Tiki torches.

12-012.jpg12-013.jpg

She met NuFakeJonathan...ooops, sorry, I mean NuMadAtTheWorldShayne. She didn't recognize him and the name on his chart wasn't his. But he recognized her and gave her the business, but without letting on that he knew her. After she left, we saw him struggling to try to walk with a cane.

12-014.jpg12-015.jpg

Later, Dinah ended up at a bar and she saw NuMadAtTheWorldShayne, in a wheelchair, trying to get a big, German guy to beat him up. Looking on, even Dinah knew this is a bad idea.

12-018.jpg12-019.jpg

We knew the bar was in Germany because there were Bundesflagge's everywhere. Nice and subtle. I hope Ellie didn't break her budget buying German signs and flags.

12-016.jpg12-017.jpg

We also saw the Boudreaus having Thanksgiving dinner at the broom closet currently known as what used to be Towers. An even more SORASed Leah was in attendance.

12-0115.jpg

Remy's accidental wife Christina showed up, made a scene, and ran off. Clayton and Felicia made Remy run after her. When he found her she was, rather amazingly, in "Germany". Forget Usain Bolt, this girl can run from Towers to Germany in three minutes. Wow!

12-0112.jpg12-0113.jpg

The best part of the show for me, hands-down, was seeing this pop-up on my screen as Christina was shrieking at Remy in the middle of nowhere Peapack/Germany.

12-0110.jpg

And we were saved, saved by Katie Couric! Thank you, Katie!

Archived