GL: December Discussion

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, the production model is fine, it's the writing that needs some work. I like that they're trying to be more real, but that doesn't mean you have to have pointless scenes where people say "um" a lot (latest example was the Matt/Rick stuff with the dinosaur).

When the writing is good, the show these days is amazing. I have been loving every single scene in the Coop/Beth story. It sent chills down my spine to see Beth reading Coop's novel's description of her character. Then in the later scene where Lillian pegged Beth, that was golden, when Lillian reacted to Beth reading the lines from the novel and "it's been so long since ..." by saying, "Coop is not Philip." Beth sees Coop as the young knight in shining armor coming to her rescue like Philip did with Bradley.

Beth says it is not about Philip, she told Buzz it is not like it was with Rick -- but Lillian is right, it is all about Philip, just like marrying Alan was about Philip and the affair with Rick was about Philip. Great foundation for Philip's return.

Archived