Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have a lot of hope thanks to the people, but this behavior from the executive branch is outrageous and is escalating very quickly. We're approaching a point where I don't know what happens.

The Times covers the internal chaos over the order.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Today on Morning Joe: Joe and Mika spent the weekend at the White House trying to make sense of this "rash order" and have come out with clear marching orders - throw white supremacist Stephen Miller to the wolves and ignore Trump or Bannon's culpability, claim his youthful zealotry 'took it too far' and it's 'all a misunderstanding.'

It's all one long, demented episode of The Apprentice with Team Trump, and Miller is/was part of the inner-inner circle with Brannon - one of the others will be next.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Honestly some people saying they rather have John McCain then Donald Trump. They at least see him as a respectable republican.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2017/01/28/after-years-of-liberal-hate-george-w-bush-is-getting-the-respect-he-deserves/amp/

Omg lol people are saying now they would rather have Bush anyday over trump. That Bush was at least a respectable man u could respect. Who would evet thoughy people would be yearning for W?

Edited by JONNYSBRO

• Members

Personally I have no time for people who talk about how much they regret voting for Trump. This was an obvious choice - the most obvious choice America has had in possibly well over a century. Anyone out there who cared about civil rights, basic fairness, etc. knew the choice. I feel like some people want a medal when they say they voted the wrong way. Too little too late. 

Meanwhile someone I know who voted for him is a Faux News junkie tells me whenever we talk that Trump is going to build up the military so it's a good thing he won. This is a very elderly person so I just bite my tongue, because even if they do come to regret it, it's going to likely be for reasons of personal pain, and unlike some of those in Trumpworld, I don't get that much pleasure out of other people's pain.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The people who I've seen or read about having regrets over voting for Trump all point to the poor choice of candidates.  I think the majority of those who now regret it or eventually will are probably those who were never enthusiastic about him in the first place.  His main core of supporters will probably never regret it--no matter how adversely it may impact some of them.  They may always find the fact that they want to believe he stands for them and their values worth their delusions.  They don't ever need to "see the light."  What is important is that they never succeed in dragging everyone else back to their version of how things should be.

People have sat back for years and let certain individuals define what an American is with little or no challenge.  Now their hatred has forced something that they never foresaw and hopefully it will lead to them being shut down.  

At the end of all of this, we will see how triumphant all those Trump supporters running around basking in his victory will feel when all they have to say is that he won.  They will eventually realize that what they thought was their movement to "take back America" became their last desperate hold because it's never going back to whatever it was and they cannot bully everyone else into submission.

• Members

It could, but I tend to wonder how many who need to tweet about it are people who live in liberal enclaves. Like the person who said how scared they were and then she turned out to be another Susan Sarandon-type voter. I do think that many who are in swing states are also regretting their vote, and are just less vocal about it. I guess we'll see, if we're still here in 4 years, how many will be willing to remember this if they have a "safer" choice like Mike Pence or media darling Marco.