Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Oh, sh*t. Trump called the Taiwanese President and now the Chinese are pissed (lol). The first time a President-Elect has done so in over 30 years (I guess he called before speaking to the Chinese?).  Oh yeah, he's also invited Rodrigo Duterte to Washington. 

Crazytown!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Ok not smart of course. And it makes me even more wary. I know people are freaking out over Russia and Putin but IMO China is a heck of a lot more dangerous or potentially dangerous. Much of it due to the fact they happen to own a lot of this country and a good amount of our debt is to them. And while Russia has the brut force image, China has a heck of a lot more intellectual capacity. And North Korea is still a danger to the world because of China, who could have easily obliterated that regime ages ago.

Duterte is a crazy nut so of course he'd be invited over here by Trump.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

^ Yes, and now if we try to stop north Korean's nuke capability will China stand by them because of this? Maybe they would have anyway, but pissing them off all the more doesn't seem like a good idea. CNN was just talking about the situation in North Korea getting more volatile by the day. 

• Members

True. It means they know how volatile he is. But in terms of intervening in his war with the US, I think it would mostly just happen if they feel they will also suffer. From what I remember Obama or the UN have tried to get them to step up more this last year but it hasn't really happened much. 

• Members

Yes, China has a mostly non-interventionist policy where sovereign nations are concerned.

Now if we're talking Taiwan (AKA Chinese Taipei but only to the Chinese) and Hong Kong, that's an entirely different story. I'm sure this Trump conversation with Taiwan had collective smoke coming out of certain members of the Politburo's ears behind closed doors.

• Members

All morning, CBS News was gushing GUSHING about Trump's "saving" the jobs in Indiana.  It was nauseating.  Gail was horrid.  Not to mention how they went on and on about Pelley's upcoming interview with Ryan on 60 Minutes this Sunday.

The way the media are falling over themselves to kiss Trumps ass.  If Hillary would have won and held a rally like he did in Cincinnati, they would be raking her over the coals right now.  It's sickening.

• Members

I'm glad I've been missing CBS This Morning lately. I've been giving them the side-eye since I learned of Moonves' comments.

Normally, I like Gayle but her statements (at least publicly) and her demeanor speaks to an insulated/bubble mentality. She clearly will be shielded from any consequences of a Trump presidency and it shows. I know she feels she is doing her job but your job as a journalist is not to placate the public, it's not even to placate your employer. It is to deliver the unvarnished news with perspective- that means revealing all possible consequences and not to say "Well, I didn't see what's so bad about that".  She said that the sometime last week and I just rolled my eyes. As a former news anchor, I would've thought she'd know better but I guess not.

We know that Hillary was held to a much different standard. She was expected to be perfect and when she wasn't, she was seen as failed and flawed. The others had a pretty low bar set for them.

Edited by DramatistDreamer