The Politics Thread

• Members

Watch the whole debate, everyone. It was unbelievable. I thought Trump would be able to clear the media's super-low bar here while Hillary's was incredibly high. He bombed from moment one. She was unflappable and smiling and he was falling apart.

That means you, Carl. It was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Heh. I'm picky. I don't think it was bad, and red is a good color on her. I just liked the black jackets and black pants better. But I will go on record saying I know nothing about fashion. My students have been trying to give me advice (both clothing and hair) for the last 8 years. A couple years ago, two actually gave me a list of stores to check out. So, I'm not in any position to judge. 

• Members

I was worried about her coughing because I know the media would run with it if that happened. Meanwhile, I have a cold and while I was posting on the other site found myself coughing repeatedly... Was thinking, "Glad I'm not debating." I was coughing a lot at work today too; kids were actually concerned (or maybe they just wanted me to take a sick day, so they could get a sub - ha!). :lol:

• Members

Donald looked like he was on crack or losing his mind. 

Ive legit never been more proud of Hillary Clinton than I am tonight. That was just a masterpiece performance for the ages. There were very small hiccups (2-4 at most) but compared to Donald it was non existant. Her performance at the last Benghazi hearing was almost as good as her debate performance tonight. 

Just donated $20 to her campaign and I'm praying this moves the needle in her direction once again. All these Gary Johnson fools have to see what a danger he is. This is just not the time or year to flirt with third party and send this country into chaos.

Woah Chuck Todd is a hack? In what universe? Andrea Mitchell on the other hand def is just a product of DC hobknobbing and yes only has her job cuz of her husband. But let's not throw Chucky T into the usual lame stream media. 

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

^^^ And I think a lot of the Gary Johnson voters are Bernie or Busters which is ridiculous because Hillary has practically the same views as Bernie. I guess they still believe the primary was rigged. Didn't Bernie say that at one point earlier in the primary? And then media was all about it after those DNC emails came out... Not going to say that email about wanting to use his religion against him was OK, but it was May... if you were going to rig something, wouldn't you try a lot sooner? And how do you rig it so that so many minorities are voting for her over Bernie but not the white crowd? And wouldn't you rig it so that it wasn't 34 contests to 23 and more like 50 to 7? /end of rambling

Edit: This pic from the beginning of the debate is great. She was so ready to roll.

Edited by Ms. Quartermaine

• Members

No questions about emails other than a follow-up by Holt to Trump's nonsense about releasing his taxes if HRC releases her 33,000 deleted mails. She finally answered it in a few words that sounded fine and moved on. I am glad her team finally knows how to handle it.

It's clear Trump thought he was going to be able to get away with how he ran over everyone in the GOP debates. I thought Holt did a decent job and while he didn't fact check he did probe further with Trump when he didn't answer the question or babbled on. I thought the Birther stuff really caught him and I would have thought his campaign would have worked on a better response for him than the babbling he did. The deflection to HRC didn't even work IMO because I doubt 99 percent of the people watching knows who Sydney Blumenthal is.

Psst Roman: I agree with you on Chuck Todd

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I don't think she coughed once or took a sip of water. meanwhile, Trump should have just took the entire pitcher and just glugged the whole thing. he was all over the place. all the fidgeting and jerking back and forth and the faces.....the world watched him tonight.