Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's truly a party of evil. On the one hand they want tax cuts for the rich and create the debt from Clinton surpluses, and on the other they complain and want the poor to pay more to finance their tax cuts and debt which was created from their tax cuts and wars of choice based on lies. It's sickening, they are sickening, and anyone who votes for them is sickening too.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

Qfan, your statemant that anybody who has ever voted for a Republican is sickening is way out of line. For argument's sake, even if everything in the Republican Party platform is pure evil, there are still thankfully people in this society who base their voting decisions on the quality of the particular candidates in any given race, as opposed to basing those decisions on whether said candidates simply have an "R" or a "D" next to their names.

Edited by Max

• Members

I stand by my statement. If you support a party that takes a government surplus, hands out tax cuts for the rich that creates whoppers of deficits, and then turns right around and says "look ma, we have no money! We have to cut programs for the poor!" and then comes back further with "P.S. It is unfair that the rich pay as much as they do, screw the poor, we want blood from a stone on top of our record profits", then that is your business. I don't even know how else to describe the tax and budget policies of the last 12 years or so, and if you don't find Orrin Hatch sickening, then shame on you too.

And as for R vs D and the quality of the candidates, I will look at the quality of any republican who repudiates the tea party, creationism, and supply side economics. You know of any?

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

All I gotta say is that it ain't workin' now, friends... Obama is NOT performing well at all. His economic policies are failures... the stimulus was an outrageous waste of money that tremendously accelerated growth of the debt... foreign policy is in shambles... a trail of broken promises to every special interest group out there.

Clearly, this country is NOT in better shape today than when he took office.

Failure. Epic failure? Gettin' there...

By the way, I don't like Orrin Hatch, either. He's a dick. In fact, I'm not a big fan of most of the "entrenched" Republican leaders. Fresh blood, new ideas... that's what we need. And NOT the kind presented by Obama (because they're NOT WORKING!)

By the way... why the HELL do I STILL have a warn status on me? Not that I particularly care, but don't those things scab over and peel off ever? Geez... you'd think I was a frequent hellraiser around here!

Perhaps I could be again, though... Hmmmm... >;)

Edited by GoldenDogs

• Members

Brian, you're wrong! If not for our beloved president--who has been working tirelessly to fix our economy ever since the day he took office--the unemployment rate would be at 25% right now! Clearly, even after two and a half years of Barack in office, our entire economic mess is still the complete fault of Bush (that idiot who can't string together a complete sentence and yet still managed to steal the 2000 election).

• Members

The problem is it's this vicious cycle. Republicans want cuts and more cuts and even more cuts. Democrats huff and puff, but usually go along to get along. Then everyone is shocked when cutting without anything else - even the stimulus plans that were constantly being cut down were not going to be enough - doesn't get a result.

When we live in a society where the worker is stigmatized and seen as an idiot at best and a greedy pig at worst, then jobs won't improve.

Even big Republicans like David Brooks are dubious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/05/opinion/05brooks.html

The question eventually becomes - how many people in power actually want most Americans to be poor or get poorer? How much easier is this for them and their plans?

• Members

Media darling Michelle Bachmann is returning to her roots, and going even more extreme. Not only has she signed a pledge that says homosexuality is a choice, the pledge also says that blacks were better off during slavery than they are now.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/07/michele-bachmann-signs-anti-gay-pact-that-says-times-were-better-for-black-kids-during-slavery.html

Never mind that many black families were forcibly split into pieces during slavery.

http://www.jackandjillpolitics.com/2011/07/michelle-bachmann-signs-pledge-that-says-black-children-better-off-during-slavery/

I wonder if our "liberal" media will have anything to say about this racist and patronizing garbage.

• Members

No he is not. He never should have been the democratic nominee. That said, the idea of a republican president coming in who believes that man sprung up out of the ground and woman popped out of his rib is frightening. The country is in decline and everything all goes back to the quality of education. If you want to teach kids to believe fairy tales, then where will the scientists come from? If you want to ratchet up the contempt of education with nonsense like "don't trust him, he speaks french!" and "these college northeast elites are not real americans" then what you wind up with is a bunch of buffoons and ministers running for office all racing to shout from the highest hills they don't believe in global warming or evolution, and say the word "science" with a sneer.