Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I say hurt their financial pockets. Memphis Grizzlies and the Tennessee Predators should protest. Any concert, conference, or any other sporting events held in this state should say no. How about corporations? Gen Z'ers all across the board are watching very closely. 

• Members

I said it the other day. Across the country, the GOP has seized just enough power to live some of their worst dreams but now they're going to have to live with the electoral consequences. This won't go away any more than abortion has.

And In Wisconsin:

• Members

I feel like this is all just going to lead to more funding for and free media for secession and another civil war. Many red states are doing whatever they want and know they will face no consequences. North Carolina, now pushing through new gerrymandering, will be even worse than Tennessee soon. And there's nothing that can be done about it.

• Members

Trump judge officially bans Mifepristone, a.k.a. the abortion pill, nationwide. Some have already vowed to ignore the order, vowing to go by the FDA.

The Biden Administration will likely try to override this through the Fifth Circuit, but that is GOP Central. If that does not work, off to the GOP, er..."Supreme" Court:

Trump Judge in Texas Officially Outlaws the Abortion Pill Nationwide – Rolling Stone

• Members

They lose cycles in some parts of the country, but not in others, which is why I think we will see more and more talk of splitting up (already hyped by media darlings like MTG) and more provocative actions to make that happen.

• Members

Loss of federal funding, loss of maintenance of infrastructure, impacted interstate commerce ... the consequences far outweight anything that would be "gained" in service to moronic posturing.

That said, I think we're going to see red states become even more red. I live in North Dakota, where all but 16 of the 141 state legislators are Republicans. We have an especially low population, and regions like my own are creating campaigns to lure people to move here. I want to believe it's innocent, at least on the local level, but if you told me that someone, somewhere also figured there's an unspoken "Deplorables Welcome!" attitude, I'd believe you.

• Members

Unfortunately they will likely just send people to blue states to start shooting and killing. I feel like they've had a lot of these plans in the works for a long time. I hope the government has plans in place to fight back.

Edited by DRW50