Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

(Sarcasm) But I thought Biden being white (unlike Obama) was going help get things done with Mitch?  

I didn't realize that conservatives had another outlet that has its own tv show. How will it take for this one to be included in the cable network channel package. 

• Members

The Rising tends to get lots of love from the dead-end left because they hate the Democratic Party and have many segments talking about how terrible it is. Krystal Ball is an alleged grifter (just ask the people who donated to her PAC a few years ago) and changes political allegiances with the wind, but a lot of people love to ignore this because she says the right buzzwords. 

I'm also not sure why she keeps trying to do those thumbnail poses that look so awkward. She looks like someone asked Beth Hart to "do sexy."

• Members

Biden being white was never going to help with whether the opposition party opposed him or not. Biden being white helps with white liberals in his own party, who were skittish about backing Obama up with things such as the 2009 stimulus bill ( which is why the amount of stimulus was so anemic) and the ACA, which ended up being less than what originally intended, (i.e. no public option).

Not sure who goes around thinking that McConnell is anything but craven or would actually clear a path for Biden to accomplish his agenda, but those persons would be sadly mistaken.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
Trying to remove the video from the quote feature

• Members

Loathsome media darling and newfound Trump chanteuse Elise Stefanik, who has all the charisma of a tree stump and presents herself like Sarah Huckabee Sanders' very very slightly less awkward sister, had a meltdown over Nancy Pelosi shading her. It was the usual performative outrage, designed to raise more money from dumbasses, but you can tell from just how feverish the language is that deep down Nancy got her and it's going to leave a mark. Nancy is expert at stuff like that. This will be the first and last time I enjoy anything involving that sack of potatoes from NY-21.

• Members

Biden being white wasn't going to help him deal with Republicans but it sure as hell helped him get elected.

Anyway speaking of whiteness, this live thread of an insurrectionist's court hearing is comedy gold.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Today and tomorrow are election results for Scotland's parliament. The SNP have the most seats, but not enough of a majority to push for another independence referendum. People are waiting to see if they will hit that number. 

Here's Nicola Sturgeon, SNP leader, saying it plainly:

You can follow results here:

• Members

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/07/us-jobs-added-april-hiring-slows-485641

The talking points are already all over the place - unemployment benefits are to blame, people are lazy and worthless and don't want to break a sweat, and more and more states are getting cookies and cuddles from the media for shutting them down in order to force people to return to work. Raising wages or having more fair compensation is still seen as radical and never able to happen.

I know people who have been out of work for going on months and haven't even been able to get in touch with unemployment, let alone draw any, but of course they are just lazy bums, ruining the economy.

One of those days where you really hate what your country has become...or was all along.

Edited by DRW50