Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) is definitely not socialized medicine. In fact, the whole concept was created by a nutjob at the conservative think tank, the Heritage Foundation and embraced by Republicans which is why Romney implemented it in Massachusetts when he was governor. The whole idea of an individual mandate i.e. requiring everyone purchase health insurance is from their ideology that everyone should should take responsibility for their health care and buy health care insurance from competitive for-profit health insurance companies.

Liberals and progressives never wanted that type of health care reform. We have always pushed for a single payer system, where everyone would pay for their health care through their paychecks like Medicare/Medicaid and the government would negotiate the prices of health care services with the health insurance companies to keep overall costs down. Of course, we were betrayed by some of the Congressional Democrats and losers like Joseph Lieberman who had been bought and paid for by health insurance companies. The compromise was to adopt the Affordable Care Act which is better than nothing, but once the President and Congressional Democrats decided to compromise on a plan than none of them really liked or supported, the Republicans decided that they HATED their OWN health care reform plan and that it was socialized medicine. All these people are corrupt losers.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

While I was fortunate enough to not have sustained any damage from Hurricane Sandy, I was without power for 10 days. I certainly don't know what Obama did regarding the storm that was so outstanding, but I don't blame him for the incompetence of the local response; that fault lies with fatasswipe Chris Christie, who had one entire year to get the emergence response ready after the Irene disaster. Then again, (excluding the last two weeks) he seems to be spending most of his time outside of the state cause his 2016 presidential bid occupies most of his time. Next year, I will be voting for a Democrat for the first time in my life (whoever is his general election opponent), and will enjoy it.

I found it odd and completely insincere that Obama reached out to Governor Romney and asked for his advice. Why exactly would he want to listen to a man who he himself said suffers from Romnesia and is a bulls-hitter. I guess the explanation is that he wants to heal the nation, but if he really wants to do that, then why not publicly apologize for those remarks?

I was never able to make my pre-election predictions, but I would have thought that Obama would win 281 electoral votes to 257 for Romney. (I was wrong on CO, VA, and FL, though I am not completely sure if FL has been called for Obama.) I thought that the popular vote would have been razor close (even Obama's actual two point victory is pretty close), though I guessed Romney would win it by less than 0.5%. It was very easy to predict that the Democrats would retain the Senate and the Republicans would retain the House. The two Senate races I predicted incorrectly were MT and ND.

Edited by Max

• Members

Oh, it gets better than that! Check this [!@#$%^&*] out! They were unskewing their own [!@#$%^&*] polls.

And then there was that "Project ORCA," their cheap-ass response to Obama for America's GOTV effort - basically, send a bunch of people out to the polls on Election Day and then get THEM to get out the vote at the last minute. Give me a fuckin' break. Their app for that (EDIT: actually not an app - a mobile-optimized website a bunch of confused Republicans called 'an app' that was improperly set up) broke down on many phones and then crashed entirely. And used - again - those same 'unskewed' polls in its computer program.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Chris Matthews on Hardball said that the story about the campaign credit cards did not work is true and that Romney lost his secret service protection that night. Ah, the hardknock life of being the wealthy entitled losers.

I find it hard to believe, but if it is true that the Romney team was "shellshocked" by their loss, the reality of the polls, voter turnout for the President, and that they were so arrogant that they never prepared a concession speech, then then they are truly the dumbest of the dumbest to EVER participate in the political process.

I am comforted that "Team Rape" as coined by Stephen Colbert allo lost their elections.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

This is the peril of the echo chamber. For some time now I've wondered if the far right truly believe what they are saying, or if in the caste system, the lower workers do and the upper echelons do not. Apparently they truly did believe it. I'm still a little amazed that even Karl Rove fell for it. Somewhere, Lee Atwater is chuckling.

• Members

Lee Atwater would never, ever have been that stupid.

All that bullshit aside, I suspect Karl Rove had even more reason to be surprised - we know how he made his name, and I'm sure he was well briefed on Husted's efforts in Ohio, the whole truth of which we may never know. I suspect they tried to fix Ohio and couldn't make it work.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I find it very hard to believe that article. I simply don't believe that the Romney team honestly did not know that they were in trouble. I remember reading when George H.W. Bush lost that his people knew that it was going to happen. The Romney team had to know even if they did not say it out loud.

• Members

Did these folks think Nate Silver was on drugs or that every other poll that predicted Obama wins in all the swing states were wrong? I am really beginning to think that Fox News and conservative talk radio do infact speak for the party.

Karl Rove came off as delusional on Fox challenging the Ohio call on Fox.

What does it say when you don't know your electorate.