Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Other than the Matt Taibbi types who are gleefully telling everyone this "proves" he has no ties to Russia, I'm not sure what impact the story has. Trump will deny, and many will believe him. Those who don't will say it just shows what a clever businessman he is. MSNBC or CNN will cluck cluck for a day or two before going back to the main goal of helping Trump win. 

I almost wonder if someone close to Trump leaked this as a distraction to benefit him and to help set the stage for the big debate performance the media will hype up to no end.

I wish Biden would just avoid the whole thing, but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. Oh well.

• Members

Well, tax evasion is a pretty big deal. Ask Al Capone. Also, Vanky was also getting paid by Daddy as a "consultant" and it is ILLEGAL.

I'm not naive. They will likely never go to prison. But putting this dirt out now could maybe sway even one or two potential voters. So...

Between this and Brad Parscale losing his schitt, today was a long, illuminating, yet strange day.

• Members

I'm not saying it isn't a big deal, per se - in an ideal world, it would be. But it will wash over him and I think it's come out too early to register much for voters. It's also timed to be washed over by a debate that the media has already all but handed to Trump. The timing of this leak - if this was coming out no matter what - is so convenient for him that it reminds me again of Maggie Haberman's ties to his administration and how much NYT needs him in office. This was "bad" news handled probably as well as possible for him to get reelected, and if he is, then this will all fade away immediately. 

Yes, the cultists like one of Trump's highest campaign people are already blaming Democrats and "RINOS" for Parscale being suicidal. Never mind that he was a grifter who was exposed. Or that these same people were gleefully kicking a corpse only yesterday with their "Notorious ACB" shirts. They are pond scum. I just wish someone besides us cared.

• Members

You can think no story has any impact, but Trump remains 10 point behind for a reason. It's a bombshell and it will continue to keep hurting him.

Many have always believed him, but he has never grown his base; it has only reduced a bit. That is why he is 10 points behind and that is why he is losing. It doesn't make a difference if the same people always believe you when you can't win with just them.