Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is a really good article which compares the difference in how Kamala Harris was treated at the GLAAD town hall compared to Elizabeth Warren. It's pretty amazing. The person who did the interviewing is a straight cis-gender white woman who isn't even clearly a democrat. She supported Bernie, but there is no record of her supporting Obama. She also tweeted a week before the town hall how excited she was to meet Elizabeth Warren so it raises the question if she was too biased for this. She didn't even seem educated on LGBT issues so she was an odd choice to do the questioning.

Here's the link: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/9/21/1886908/-The-white-bias-of-the-LGBTQ-forum

I feel there's a lot you can clock Kamala on (and you should! Everybody should be vetted), but she's been pretty strong on LGBT rights, so to come so hard against her was odd in this type of forum.

• Members

These forums are meaningless anyway. What seems to hurt Harris is, beyond the obvious bias against her for her race and gender, is her prosecutor background. She gets hammered over that many times - probably more than she anticipated.

I'm sure Warren will get the same hatred as soon as she gets closer to toppling Bernie. 

• Members

I do agree with you about her prosecutor record and also the fact that she doesn't have the name recognition of some of the others. I still think she could do well in the end if she continues her heavy appearances. As people get to know her they do seem to like her and it is still early. One thing that I feel will hurt her is that the next debate is back on CNN and if their last one is any indication, they will be out for blood in an effort to get ratings and turn it into a Real Housewives reunion again.

With Warren, I feel if she maintains her momentum they may support her *until* she gets the nomination, then the media will pounce. Their first choice is still clearly Joe Biden and if he gets the nomination it'll make what they did to Hilary look like child's play. 

• Members

I've been wary of some of the methods about climate change protesting (especially after seeing videos where climate change protesting now = a guy in booty overalls twerking as confetti is thrown over him [nothing says help the environment like confetti]) and this is a reason why.

• Members

Far right operators are going hammer and tongs against Greta Thunberg, as they always do against young people who want to have a future (remember their attacks against the children who fought for health care?). And sadly, it will work - it always does. 

Anyway, here is Laura Nazi salute's brother:

• Members

It doesn't work, though. These days, with rare exception, it only works for their audience - not for the general public.

Meanwhile:

And "Little Marco" is trending. Why, you ask?

Edited by Vee

• Members

I stand by what I've said in the past about impeaching Trump: the right idea, but with a Republican majority in the Senate, impossible to pull off.

I applaud the youths' (and everyone else's) efforts to reverse climate change.  Unfortunately, as long as we have a significant amount of people who refuse even to READ the science, I'm afraid it's all for naught.